Rino8

5 minutes ago, choffer said:

Wasn't intended as a question with an edge. I tuned in late so wondered why.

That's fair enough, my comments were bracketed because I'm acutely aware that my posts on here consist of either a) sarcastic rhetorical questions or b. wild exaggeration for "comic" effect.  Neither of which were apropro for the reply I was making.

On topic, some comeback that.  Slightly narked that BT decided their free to air offering was the Villareal match, so I had to make do with 30 seconds of Sue Smith getting more excitable in between highlights of the darts every 10 minutes.

question, what happens if liverpool win uefa cup finish 6th and city finish 5th and win champions league? if arsenal finished 3rd and united finished 4th would both arsenal and united miss out on champions league?

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

question, what happens if liverpool win uefa cup finish 6th and city finish 5th and win champions league? if arsenal finished 3rd and united finished 4th would both arsenal and united miss out on champions league?

I think in that scenario, it would just be man utd missing out. 

I think the top three always qualify.

29 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I think in that scenario, it would just be man utd missing out. 

I think the top three always qualify.

But then who would miss out the CL winners or Uefa cup winners? I think 3rd would miss out surely?

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But then who would miss out the CL winners or Uefa cup winners? I think 3rd would miss out surely?

5 qualify if a team from your country wins Europa League

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think it's that unlikely. I think Liverpool have a decent chance to win the Europa.

Just looking at the table you might be onto something as United are only four points behind City, but I cant see City winning champions league. 

Be funny if United finished 4th on last game of the season then Liverpool won Uefa Cup 

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Just looking at the table you might be onto something as United are only four points behind City, but I cant see City winning champions league. 

Be funny if United finished 4th on last game of the season then Liverpool won Uefa Cup 

I think it's only City winning the Champtions league that would stop 4th getting a place - but that would still be pretty funny, if United finish 4th and are beaten out by City. But then I don't want City to win the CL final so come on Atletico! ( I know they're in the other semi, but I just can't wish any team with ronaldo in anything but the worst of fortunes ) 

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

I think it's only City winning the Champtions league that would stop 4th getting a place - but that would still be pretty funny, if United finish 4th and are beaten out by City. But then I don't want City to win the CL final so come on Atletico! ( I know they're in the other semi, but I just can't wish any team with ronaldo in anything but the worst of fortunes ) 

I think Id rather City won CL and united finishing 4th and missing out on CL. That would be brilliant

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Liverpool would be put into the champions league playoff round, whereas City, Leicester, Spurs, and Arsenal would be put into the group stage. United would go into the Europa league group stage. 

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Liverpool would be put into the champions league playoff round, whereas City, Leicester, Spurs, and Arsenal would be put into the group stage. United would go into the Europa league group stage. 

Sorry if man City win the champions league and also finish in the top 4 then Liverpool would automatically go into the group stage of the champions league, otherwise the would have to play  a qualifying round.

Â