Rino8

I know the guy behind Dunc through his wife, she told me this story was going to break a couple of weeks ago.

It was all guesswork and taken from tips from other journos. He had genuine journalists messaging him, asking him if he had heard the same things they had heard.

Seriously don't know how anyone could have taken him seriously, read his tweets. Not like most fake ITK's. It's a great parody, deliberate spelling mistakes and terrible analogies.

He actually started on facebook before he became a 'perspiring' journalist. Campaigning to save the bill and telling everyone about his ill-fated love life. (In character).

Yep, having seen all the episodes of "Being" so far, Brendan Rodgers comes off as somewhat of an embarrassing character. I've read a number of people comparing him to David Brent, and I know what they mean. Each episode has at least 2 or 3 moments that make you cringe...

And when he pulled the envelope stunt, I couldn't believe it. Who wants to play for a dickhead like that? He seems to think of himself as a sort of guru, but he's more like a clown, really.

This is only going to get better and better :rolleyes:

It's made for an American audience and just syndicated to us though. The Americans probably wont pick up on the more cringe worthy aspects of the show and therefore it has probably been deemed a successful PR exercise in a country which is taking an increasing interest in soccer football.

I don't understand why fans of other clubs would want to watch a documentary about that cesspit.

To laugh, ridicule, point the finger. The usual stuff.

It's made for an American audience and just syndicated to us though. The Americans probably wont pick up on the more cringe worthy aspects of the show and therefore it has probably been deemed a successful PR exercise in a country which is taking an increasing interest in soccer football.

as one of those Americans, I think its painfully boring and transparent as being a PR exercise. In the last three years or so there have been an incredible number of sports documentaries and "reality" type shows that are just incredible in their production, and most importantly, realism, allowing the viewers to get an incredibly close view of what goes on in the locker room, behind the scenes, etc.

Check out the ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries, which are wonderful (try Broke, the stories behind why so many NFL players go bankrupt so quickly after their playing years), as well as the NHL 24/7 series that follows two teams as they head to an outdoor game in the middle of the season, and Hard Knocks which follows an NFL team through the training camp and season.

At this point I think the American audience, having watched these compelling shows, would find Being Liverpool contrived and not really very believable as truly "behind the scenes".

• Like 1

i think the most interesting part of the documentary has been how many games the red sox played in march, 4 days off? thats nuts

nowhere near as good as it could / should have been, i started watching it to see the players in their homes, to see the facilities and the training methods, but its rubbish

in fairness, if you're a batter, you sit around most of the time and then occasionally come up and have a swing and possibly go for a a ring of jogs once every while, and if you're a fielder, you're either standing on a mat or doddling about in the field unless the ball comes your way in which case you may need to sprint for all of 5 seconds. It requires limited athleticism, and doesn't have the physical demand on the body that football, nfl etc do.

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool PR chief Jen Chang has gone to ground amid the fall-out of the 'Duncan Jenkins' Twitter fiasco.

Chang withdrew his place at the Press Association's table at Sunday's Northern Managers Awards Dinner in Manchester after the club launched a probe into allegations of serious harassment by the club’s director of communications.

Liverpool have refused to comment on the affair, which revolves around a blogger, Sean Cummins, describing himself as a 'perspiring football journo', and it pretended to have inside knowledge about transfers at Anfield under the parody moniker Duncan Jenkins.

But managing director Ian Ayre met Cummins on Monday. Liverpool's head of human resources also attended the 85 minute meeting at the club's Chapel Street offices, reports the Independent.

Afterwards Cummins said he felt he was given a fair hearing as he outlined the chain of events.

Ayre decided to speak to Cummins as well as Chang and others involved in an unseemly episode which began when Jenkins started publicising information Chang believed must have come from inside Anfield.

Chang describes Jenkins’s allegations about threats made at a genuine meeting in Manchester as ‘fictitious nonsense’ but his position looks vulnerable if Ayre decides otherwise.

Cummins published his version of his communication and meeting with Chang in an explosive blog post on Friday.

In it, he claims that Chang demanded to know who his alleged mole inside Anfield is. Cummins has denied that he has an insider at the club leaking information - instead pointing out that all his information was lifted from fans’ forums.

Chang set up a meeting with Cummins at the Evuna restaurant in Manchester in August - but Cummins alleges this was the start of the meltdown in the relations between the pair.

After accusing Cummins of costing the club £300,000 extra in the Fabio Borini transfer from Roma this summer because of ‘information’ posted on the Jenkins Twitter feed, it is then alleged that Chang demanded he tweet under the fake account to ‘confess’ there was no mole and the whole account was made up.

At this point, Cummins asked Change what would happen if he didn’t agree to the deal.

According to the blog post, Chang claimed he would be banned from Anfield along with the other man he shares a season-ticket with.

Chang, it is claimed, also threatened to hand over his dossier on Cummins to journalist who could ‘run smear stories on me in the tabloid press’.

And, perhaps most shockingly, Chang is also alleged to have told Cummins: ‘You know how crazy football fans are. You’ll have dog shit coming through your letterbox, you’ll have to take your Facebook page down, you might even have to move house.’

Chang, who has confirmed that he did meet the self-styled Slam Dunc in Manchester, has already denied the claims.

He said: ‘I will not be responding to total nonsense. The contents of my tweets that are included in the blog bear no relation whatsoever to the false accusations made by a fictional character. There was never any investigation by Liverpool over the tweets.’

However, that has not stopped Liverpool launching an investigation into their own PR chief.

Chang was brought in to Liverpool this summer to boost their PR drive after last season’s troubles with the Luis Suarez and Patrice Evra race row. He replaced long-serving Ian Cotton, who was forced out after 16 years at the club.

Click on link for CCTV Image in article... http://tinyurl.com/9a37rj2

Chang should be sacked.

Liverpool braced for hearing over 'illegal approach' for Fulham's Clint Dempsey

I doubt that will result in anything though.

Dempsey left Craven Cottage for Tottenham on deadline day last August despite well-documented interest from the Merseyside club.

Fulham did not drop their complaint following Dempsey’s departure and are still rigorously intent on calling Liverpool to account for what they believe is a breach of the rules.

Evidence is still being assembled in the case, but Liverpool could be fined or hit with a suspended points deduction if they are unable to defend themselves against the charge.

Fulham made a formal protest to the Premier League in July after taking exception to comments by manager Brendan Rodgers, reported on Liverpool’s official website, expressing interest in the striker.

There was also an embarrassing gaffe on the New England Sports Network website which erroneously claimed a deal was agreed. Although Liverpool Football Club have no editorial control over NESN, they have the same owners and a private apology was issued to the London club for the mistake.

Liverpool intend to fight any charge and are aware an investigation is ongoing, although it is understood they have not yet received any confirmation of a timescale as to when a hearing will take place.

Fulham’s case will focus on the public comments released by Liverpool, which undoubtedly impacted on the Anfield club’s negotiating position when it came to trying to seal a deal for the American international.

Liverpool have been called to account by the Premier League before, when they were fined for an illegal approach to Middlesbrough’s Christian Ziege in 2000.

Spurs also reported Liverpool when they moved for Robbie Keane in 2008, although they dropped the complaint on completion of the £20 million sale.

In recent years, Chelsea received a three-point, suspended penalty for illegally approaching Ashley Cole.

Jaysus! I forgot Robbie Keane cost them £20,000,000.

Add that to the money spunked on Downing, Carroll, Henderson, Aquilani, Adam, Joe Cole, Jovanovic (sp!?), then youve got to nearly be looking at £200,000,000+ in terms of transfer fees, wages and signing on / agent fees etc.

That eclipses even us in signing overrated / expensive flops.

And in History FC's case, long may it continue. Ever since the Gaz Baz saga, and the way they acted, i've detested them. Add the racism bit and the idiotic fans (i love @RAWK_Meltdown), underachievement couldnt happen to a more deserving club.

Jovanovic was a free but im sure I read he was on 90k a week :D

That was kind of my point. Even when theyve got freebies, theyve ended up dishing out unbelievably ridiculous wages. Wasnt Joe Cole a freebie as well?

Peter Andre said it best: "Insania".

Â