Rino8

30 minutes ago, PaulC said:

After seeing the transcript of the var conversations has he got grounds for the match to be replayed?

I guess he's not asking to replay the matches where they benefitted from dodgy VAR decisions , just this one ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If I recall the corresponding fixture last year, Jota  went for the ball and caught the standing  defender in the face and blood everywhere. Didn't get sent off and went on to score the winning goal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, colhint said:

If I recall the corresponding fixture last year, Jota  went for the ball and caught the standing  defender in the face and blood everywhere. Didn't get sent off and went on to score the winning goal.

Or that handball/penalty not given against TAA in their 19/20 win against Man C. 

I have a feeling Liverpool might regret all this.

We all want correct decisions as Wolves did with the same Ref a  few weeks ago.....do they get a replay?....and we had our keepers view impaired for one of their goals, do we get a replay? No, not even an endorsement, yet Brighton get an endorsement from the media.

Klopp said its unprecedented, sure it is with the coverage they've had....we and others, get their controversial decisions dismissed in a flash.

We all have to take the rough with the smooth and over a season, it should even itself out.......I think moving forward there will be a groundswell of opinion against Liverpools stance, even though the goal should have stood.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

After seeing the transcript of the var conversations has he got grounds for the match to be replayed?

If thats the case our game vs Liverpool has grounds for a replay

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

No on the basis that PGMOL / the PL haven't broken a rule

That 5.2 wording in the ref thread says they can't stop the game and do anything once it's restarted

I'm guessing Liverpool and the other 19 teams vote on these rules as part of their approval

They made a change to the rules after Mings was robbed of the ball by an offside player at City a couple of years ago who went on to score.

We never went crying to the press.

If he came out and asked for an investigation that benefits everyone he would have the whole of football behind him.  As it is he looks a total cock womble.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

They made a change to the rules after Mings was robbed of the ball by an offside player at City a couple of years ago who went on to score.

We never went crying to the press.

If he came out and asked for an investigation that benefits everyone he would have the whole of football behind him.  As it is he looks a total cock womble.

Our manager got a touchline ban for it 😂

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No on the basis that PGMOL / the PL haven't broken a rule

That 5.2 wording in the ref thread says they can't stop the game and do anything once it's restarted

I'm guessing Liverpool and the other 19 teams vote on these rules as part of their approval

Surely this would’ve applied when Man United were allowed to take a penalty after the game had finished against Brighton a few seasons back? 

12 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Surely this would’ve applied when Man United were allowed to take a penalty after the game had finished against Brighton a few seasons back? 

Probably a wording change since but of not then yes it should have done according to that rule

I don't agree with it FWIW, if somethings blatantly wrong then fix it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

There is an explanation of what happened in that instance.

because the full-time whistle was blown after the incident and not before, and the incident took place in normal time. The VAR - Simon Hooper - was able to check, irrespective of the full-time whistle that followed.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12082485/manchester-united-penalty-drama-why-bruno-fernandes-goal-after-final-whistle-stood#:~:text=Why was Fernandes allowed to take the penalty%3F&text=Simply%2C because the full-time,full-time whistle that followed.

17 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Liverpool living in dreamland if they think they'd get a replay. If such a thing happened, imagine the can of worms that would open. Clubs across the country would be calling for replays after every dodgy decision. 

I am sure Klopp would be furious if they asked for a replay as he has stated many times he is not a fan of unnecessary fixture pile ups

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I am sure Klopp would be furious if they asked for a replay as he has stated many times he is not a fan of unnecessary fixture pile ups

Ahh . That would be the perfect troll response from the Prem League. 

Â