Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Looked good tonight with Baker in beside him

Definately - much calmer, better communication and distribution.

Unless Okore comes back super fit, I'd expect Vlaar and Baker to start together against Arsenal.

IMO the back 5 is looking pretty good to be honest.

...............Guzan

Lowton.Vlaar.Baker.Luna

Made a significant difference to our fortunes when he came back from injury last term.

I think he had too much to do chaperoning younger players,

When he came back, despite improved results.

I would like to see him play with better quality around him I.e okore, Luna...before I make a judgement on him.

Do people know Okore is quality, or is it just hope?

Bit of both.

He turned down Chelsea to play regular football. That tells me he isn't here to rotate with Baker and Clark.

Yeah I think he will be in the middle with Okore.

Guzan

Lowton, Okore, Vlaar , Moon

Is where I see it.

I quite like the way Vlaar and Baker looked to be gelling. I'd be surprised if Okore is a significant improvement on Baker as he's very inexperienced.

I think you'll be surprised. I like Baker, but there's a lot of footage of Okore looking very capable, athletic, and quick to react when required. Plus he can pass the ball very, very well.

8692878305_067f973060_o.gif

Couple more of them this season please!

Gabbys movement compared to Weimann's. Dear god!

It was exactly the same as Benteke's!

Weimann was looking for the space and drawing the defenders whereas Benteke/Gabby turned to go for the rebound (if the keeper had saved it) IMO 

I quite like the way Vlaar and Baker looked to be gelling. I'd be surprised if Okore is a significant improvement on Baker as he's very inexperienced.

I think you'll be surprised. I like Baker, but there's a lot of footage of Okore looking very capable, athletic, and quick to react when required. Plus he can pass the ball very, very well.

I think Okore could be important with his speed as Vlaar gets caught out of position quite a lot

It was exactly the same as Benteke's!

Weimann was looking for the space and drawing the defenders whereas Benteke/Gabby turned to go for the rebound (if the keeper had saved it) IMO 

I think it's more Andi making an effort to open up the goal for Ron and get back onside. You can see him watching the ball, he predicts what's coming and busts a gut to get out of the way.

I think Vlaar will surprise some of you (in a good way) next season. I think some don't appreciate the circumstances he was thrown into last season while acclimatising himself.

I completely agree Mr O'Flaherty. I think we will see a better season from him.

Vlaar needs an experienced player next to him to tell him what to do. He cant be a leader at the back as his positional play is poor

Agreed, leading feyenoord to the champs league was just a fluke. Zero leadership qualities. Also pure coincidence we turned the corner on his return. Imagine coming into a new league, looking after a team of kids and making mistakes. Get rid.

Can't see captain material here.

Edited by villan_007
  • Like 1

Â