Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Some guy called Zatman praising Richards on this page just above certainly one for the archives. 😉

Yeah seen better like Mellberg, Laursen and Dunne in his first season. Ron's level probably similar to Mings, errors here and there but we certainly needed his leadership with what was around him at the time.

Always remember he had that brilliant world cup and then him and Senderos started the season in excellent form but of course Vlaar then got injured and was out for 3-4 months and we never regained that solidity in the season.

It was Senderos who got injured first i think. Played 4 games together, looked honestly really good, Senderos gets injured, went on international duty in like December and was played not fit, got injured even worse, and was never seen again

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

When you reviving the david unsworth thread? 😉

Is there one?

I'll have to get searching...

16 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Is there one?

I'll have to get searching...

There was one briefly but his Mrs insisted it was closed down. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think he was quite highly thought of at Villa. When he came to the club he went around Bodymoor introducing himself to all of the staff. Seemed a nice fella but the knees failed him.

Not sure why this has been bumped- to get it over the 400 pages?!

Bumps happen when Rob have had a little too much Vodka ;)

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Going to be at game tomorrow night and has been speaking about how happy he is we are doing well.

I always thought he was a good cb for us

He is obviously gonna support the Villa tomorrow!

saw thread had been bumped, clicked on it and this was the first post i came to:

On 08/10/2015 at 16:41, Zatman said:

we dont actually miss him though, Richards has been twice the player of Vlaar and is a lot more durable. Decent player on his day but he looked awful at the end of last season

was probably fairly accurate at the time, but still funny to read looking back!

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

saw thread had been bumped, clicked on it and this was the first post i came to:

was probably fairly accurate at the time, but still funny to read looking back!

God I must have been drunk

Richards had an ok start but got worse

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

Â