Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

If he played for a similar-sized team to Villa we'd all be asking "why weren't we in for him?"

With our current team I totally agree with you. Let's face it what we currently have is lacking but we've had much better defenders in recent times. Sign of the times

He did his best to gift them a goal at 2-2 moments before Holland scored

Yes Holland scored straight after... Really bad mistake which could have cost Holland the game... Overall he was probably their best defender still i think

If he played for a similar-sized team to Villa we'd all be asking "why weren't we in for him?"

With our current team I totally agree with you. Let's face it what we currently have is lacking but we've had much better defenders in recent times. Sign of the times

Better defenders than Vlaar? I can't think of many that we've had recently. Mellberg, Laursen...?

I'd say those 2 plus southgate, ugo, Barry (part of a back 3) obviously McGrath, dunne (for one season)

That's not many to be fair, especially when we're talking about 20 years of CBs here. I wouldn't include Dunne in that list either - he was very good for most of one season but that was about it.

• Like 1

I'd say those 2 plus southgate, ugo, Barry (part of a back 3) obviously McGrath, dunne (for one season)

That's not many to be fair, especially when we're talking about 20 years of CBs here. I wouldn't include Dunne in that list either - he was very good for most of one season but that was about it.

Oh I'm not trying to take away from vlaar being a decent player. I'd have to keep dunne in there because while he only had one top season I think it could be said vlaar has only had one good season.

Oh I'm not trying to take away from vlaar being a decent player. I'd have to keep dunne in there because while he only had one top season I think it could be said vlaar has only had one good season.

I dunno, I'd say Vlaar is a better all-round player than Dunne.

Â