Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

CB work in pairs as a partnership. TBF to Ron he's never really had long enough with a decent partner in his time with us. Let's hope a bit of stability and working with Jores rather than alternating the Chuckle Brothers every other week is going to let him flourish.

I do worry he will be off somewhere in the summer because I think he will be unsettled by the fact the management couldn't run a bath and Lerner would accept any offers at the moment to claw back the losses from idiot mistakes he has made!

I got a bit worried the other day hearing a radio interview where he was praising van Gaal to the skies, saying he was the best manager he'd ever worked for and what a galvanising effect he had on the Netherlands squad.

"Thank heavens van Gaal isn't coming to a premier league club with a CB problem next season", I thought to myself...

Vlaar isn't good enough for Manure.

Then again, he's better than Smalling.

He's not good enough to be a first choice starter every week for Man United.

But he's certainly good enough to be part of their squad.

He's better than Evans, Smalling and Jones. He's better than Rio has been for the past season.

And I'd say he's better than a number of other back up centrebacks at clubs above United in the table.

SO yeah, not good enough to be their main CB. But if Van Gaal is looking for a relatively cheap CB to bolster the squad, as opposed to the first XI, I don't think Vlaar would be out of place.

Vlaar isn't good enough for Manure.

Then again, he's better than Smalling.

He's not good enough to be a first choice starter every week for Man United.

But he's certainly good enough to be part of their squad.

He's better than Evans, Smalling and Jones. He's better than Rio has been for the past season.

And I'd say he's better than a number of other back up centrebacks at clubs above United in the table.

SO yeah, not good enough to be their main CB. But if Van Gaal is looking for a relatively cheap CB to bolster the squad, as opposed to the first XI, I don't think Vlaar would be out of place.

I disagree with Evans, who I think is better, but he would be good back-up/competition. Would he leave being a captain of a club to being back-up at this stage of his career?

Anyway with one year left it wouldn't surprise me if he did go.

I think if it gets to a certain point where a takeover looks increasingly unlikely the club will pull their finger out and get these contracts sorted. They can't afford not to.

To be honest I'd still keep Vlaar even if it meant losing him for free next summer.

• Like 4

QPR have just agreed to sign Rio Ferdinand so no sure about this (wishful thinking)

If the rumours of Grealish and Donacien being offered a new contract in pre-season, I can see the others (Vlaar, Delph and Agbonlahor) being renegotiated too.

I hope all of this gets sorted out quickly

NblpUPP.gif

Ron would lay him out

My two favourite players at the tournament :D

I really hope Leckie moves to a top level club after this tournament. He's too good to be playing 2nd Division German football and we need him to develop.

Â