Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

He did his best to gift them a goal at 2-2 moments before Holland scored

Yes Holland scored straight after... Really bad mistake which could have cost Holland the game... Overall he was probably their best defender still i think

I rate vlaar, have since we signed him but world class he's not and I don't think we necessarily have to assume he's gonna be off to a bigger club as some have been predicting post-spain game

Never rated this guy makes clumsy mistakes and is made out to be star.

It's a tricky one whether to believe your football knowledge and opinion or that of Van Gaal. Saying that I couldn't name a top class dutch CB who could replace Vlaar in the national team, which may or may not be a bad thing.

It's a tricky one whether to believe your football knowledge and opinion or that of Van Gaal. Saying that I couldn't name a top class dutch CB who could replace Vlaar in the national team, which may or may not be a bad thing.

I didn't think Vlaar was first choice for Holland, but I might remember it wrongly from the qualifiers and Holland games before WC2014.

He was being touted by some in these forums this time last year as an example of Lambert's inept transfer dealings. I think the step up from Feyenoord was huge for him bit he has really responded over the last 12 months

Genuinely baffled

Where have you been for the last 2 seasons?

Obviously watching football with his eyes open. Unlike others.

giphy.gif

McGrath>Laursen>Mellberg>Teale>Southgate>Johnsen/Alpay>Ego>Barry(when he first started)>Vlaar>Cuellar>Dunne/Collins>Ridgewell/Clark>Baker

Not old enough to rate anyone else prior the McGrath & Teale's era but I would say Vlaar is towards the last few claret & blue centre backs that I would rate - perosonally.

Its very sad to see how standard have slipped some what.

Genuinely baffled

Where have you been for the last 2 seasons?

Obviously watching football with his eyes open. Unlike others.

He's been a part of a quite appalling defence, possibly the worst in living memory at Villa. Perhaps if you had your eyes open you'd have seen the part he's played in that calamity.

Still if a couple of decent games for Holland makes you forget what's gone before who am I to argue.

Carlos Cuellar and Stephen Warnock was part of one of best Villa defences statistically in history, would people call them brilliant?

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

McGrath>Laursen>Mellberg>Teale>Southgate>Johnsen/Alpay>Ego>Barry(when he first started)>Vlaar>Cuellar>Dunne/Collins>Ridgewell/Clark>Baker

Not old enough to rate anyone else prior the McGrath & Teale's era but I would say Vlaar is towards the last few claret & blue centre backs that I would rate - perosonally.

Its very sad to see how standard have slipped some what.

Not this "standards" thing again. People rate a very good CB, how is that an example of standards slipping? If everyone was praising Baker then you might have a point.

Â