Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Meh good luck to him. He has probably about 2 years left at the top level given his injuries. Would a £60-80k 2 yr contract to a player probably past his peak be worth it for Villa? Probably lucky to get 50 games out of him. Not sure on the comments but if he thinks he can get a regular starter place at better club for more money then goodbye Ron.

He's probably bitter because the captaincy was taken away from him. Well if he thinks he can do better than Villa then good luck to him. I don't think he'll find another club that would be willing to put up with his injury filled season of crap performances. Clark has the potential to be a top centre back, and Okore too, but less so. Baker will also improve as well, as he's still quite young. So I don't think we need to put our trust in this guy anymore. If he wants to go then let him go, don't want someone around that doesn't want to wear our shirt. Hopefully this potential takeover will go through and we will get some money to spend. Then we can wave bye bye to Mr Vlaar for good.

dont see this issue with his comments. In your job im sure you look for a better offer if you can and thats all Vlaar is doing

Sure, everyone keeps their eye open for a better deal. But you remain quiet and respectful about it.

I work in a university. Could you imagine if I told a lecture "I'm thinking of moving my career on, the students at other universities are just smarter than you lot."

Saying that would make me a moany Dutch prick.

Tbh I think this is for the best. We need consistency at CB and you just never know whether Vlaar is even going to play, let alone play well. Need to stick with Clark and Okore and develop them and I don't think Vlaar offers much more than Baker

i said on here a couple of months ago that i wouldnt mind if he left, and i got slated for it, now it seems to be the general opinion.

he has never been able to match the level of leadership like mellberg, laursen, southgate or macgrath, who all at some point were our main CBs.

question is now, do we try and replace him which will cost us millions, or do we rely on what we have?

Last season he made 20 appearances in the league, 1 off the bench.

He made 32 the season before.

27 in his first season. 

Out of the 114 PL matches in the past 3 seasons Ron has played 79 (missed 35). Combined thats almost an entire season. For someone that on our books and minds is a KEY player for us, who actually isn't brilliant and replaceable (unlike Benteke), should go! We need better for a key player. I know Benteke missed copious amounts of football but its slightly different with him, the guy is world class and shows he is a key player when back to fitness. Ron doesn't for me. 

Good summary TBA - nothing to add or take away from that.

These Chinese puns need to stop*

* not really though

• Like 3

Last season he made 20 appearances in the league, 1 off the bench.

He made 32 the season before.

27 in his first season. 

Out of the 114 PL matches in the past 3 seasons Ron has played 79 (missed 35). Combined thats almost an entire season. For someone that on our books and minds is a KEY player for us, who actually isn't brilliant and replaceable (unlike Benteke), should go! We need better for a key player. I know Benteke missed copious amounts of football but its slightly different with him, the guy is world class and shows he is a key player when back to fitness. Ron doesn't for me. 

So based on that, we would be lucky to get 2 seasons out of him if we offered him a 3 year deal. 

He aint getting any younger or quicker and his recovery time will also be slower. 

It used to take my Nan ages to wipe her own arse!

Hopefully we will never see this average player in a Villa shirt again. Even at his best he rarely ever impressed me.

If he goes to ManU they will laugh him out of OT as we should have done.

Good riddance.

Overrated for most of his time here. Doesn't make those around him better and has never performed for us at the level he showed in the world cup.

He would have been decent to keep him in the squad but in all honesty after 3 years here I wouldn't care one bit if I never saw him in a villa shirt again.

If you're any good at your job then you don't have to chase the money it comes to you.

How many bids/offers have we/he had since the world cup?

Looks like this is what he's doing. He's probably only got our offer on the table, the big clubs he's expecting either haven't approached yet or aren't sure he's good enough. He's basically putting himself in the shop window

Darren Bent of all people has come out and called Vlaar disrespectful for his comments. I think it is pretty disrespectful to be honest, he blatantly has no other offers right now even though it was rumoured he'd signed a pre-contract abroad all the way back in January. 

Interested to see how this goes, can't see Sherwood being happy with a player who clearly doesn't want to be here so I think he'll be off.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Good luck Darren, has always been complimentary about the club despite his treatment at times.

Was just on talk sport, reckons Vlaar is being disrespectful to Villa by calling them a small club.

Rescind the contract offer and send this clown packing.

If he really thinks he is going to get game time at a bigger or better club he is deluded.

There have been numerous times this season where I have seriously questioned wheher this guy was walking onto the pitch pissed, whether it was dodgy backpasses, tired ridiculous lunges in our own box, tired,  lazy decision making and all round calamity defending.

Thanks for being captain of one of, it not the shittest Villa team I have ever witnessed.

Now pack your bags and **** off.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

Â