Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

I've never really got the fuss over him. He's never really looked excellent for us on a regular basis and performing well in the world cup does nothing for us. This weekend i've been more impressed with dunne and collins for the two teams they now play for.

At the moment i think senderos is more important than vlaar

Yep my thoughts exactly. Never thought I'd say it, but Senderos is much better and leads the team more than Vlaar.

• Like 4

He's such an important player for us, that when he has a bad game the whole team struggles. 

We're going to get to a difficult point with him. If he isn't going to sign a new contract, and he very clearly won't, we need to consider whether it's better to play him, as the best defender, or better to play Senderos and Baker and hope that that can blossom into a partnership. Performances like tonights argue toward the second option. Mind you, Baker and Senderos isn't exactly a great combination - another reason to get Pulis in, at least they'd be organised. 

Unless we know all the detail regarding his contract its had to form a comment.

as for him going to united.....never in a million years.

Van Gaal doesn't think he's good enough.

I don't think it's van gaal that doesn't think he's good enough. I think it's the united fans who would see him as too much of a lesser name to be worthy of playing for their club. Whether they are right or not is another question. But I do think van gaal rates him highly. Lucky for us I think he's aware he needs to get bigger fish in to satisfy united fans.

Twitter bollox saying we have agreed a fee with Utd subject to a medical in January. 

I would agree its bollox but on the other had what reason has he got to stay and sign a new contract....Ditto Delph.

Yeh, I mean it's not like he would trust him to mark Messi in the World Cup semis or anything like that.  ;)

vlaar.jpg?itok=zOIv8FQe

Yeh, I mean it's not like he would trust him to mark Messi in the World Cup semis or anything like that.  ;)

vlaar.jpg?itok=zOIv8FQe

So did Celta Vigo at the weekend, maybe United should just sign their entire back four. Simples.

Anybody can raise themselves for one game, the mark of a good player is doing it consistently, he doesn't.

Vlaar is nowhere near good enough for united, he is not good enough for most teams above us right now.

He is utterly average I am sad repeat.

Edited by rodders0223

vlaar.jpg?itok=zOIv8FQe

So did Celta Vigo at the weekend, maybe United should just sign their entire back four. Simples.

Anybody can raise themselves for one game, the mark of a good player is doing it consistently, he doesn't.

Vlaar is nowhere near good enough for united, he is not good enough for most teams above us right now.

He is utterly average I am sad repeat.

Its not as so Celta Vigo marked him out of the game to be fair. 

Â