Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Guys let's get some perspective here. Smalling is not good enough for Man U. He would be one of our best defenders and probably isn't that far behind Vlaar.

You don't play so many games for Man U if you're the worst defender in the league.

Wrong! Smalling is sh*te!

He was one of the reasons that Man U were sh*te last year.

Vlaar is solid, not the best, but we need him if we are to survive next year. Considering the disadvantages of relegation, I would if necessary run his contract down.

The reality is that whatever happens, we will only "survive" until some rich person takes a punt.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 2

Nope, Senderos joined up after less than 3 weeks...if anything it might be at the player's discretion/judgement, but it's not a FIFA mandate.

From FIFA we are obliged to give four weeks holiday to the players. -- Wenger

I'm assuming its just for the players who played 7 games in less that a month.

If Spurs are serious abour Vlaar i'd want both Dawson and Capoue in exchange

Dawson isnt brilliant but he's not as bad as some are making out and would be a leader and Capoue would be a big improvement in centre mid

Would probably improve us overall and Spurs would be happy to get both players off the wage bill

Shirley it's up to the player himself? Senderos with a new team might see the importance of these friendlies and want to crack on as soon as possible, Ron might want the break, nothing really to see here me thinks

So if Vlaar takes his four weeks then I can't see how he'll be fit for 90 minutes in the PL after only 5 days of preseason work.

Shirley it's up to the player himself? Senderos with a new team might see the importance of these friendlies and want to crack on as soon as possible, Ron might want the break, nothing really to see here me thinks

So if Vlaar takes his four weeks then I can't see how he'll be fit for 90 minutes in the PL after only 5 days of preseason work.

I think he'll take that into consideration and does what's best for him and the team.

Nearly all of the players that are on the fringe of the Spurs team would easily be good enough of us, off the top of my head:

Bentaleb, Naughton, Rose, Dawson, Holtby, Capoue.

You'd have all those down the villa in a heartbeat. I'm not saying they're great but they are an improvement on what we have.

If Spurs want Vlaar, there is a deal to be made somewhere, wages aside.

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2

The spurs players wages would rule them out for any swap deals, for us to sell I think the offer would have to be 10m+, the fact Southampton and Newcastle smell blood will just push his price up which is good for us either way, despite it hurting our pride.

If it was me I would sell, he worked hard during the world cup and hasn't got a great injury record, I can see him picking up injuries next season unless he's rested, which is no good for us.

Edited by tinker

I can't see him going anywhere unless he hands in a request, which I find unlikely. Nobody would offer mega bucks for him, not enough to make it worth the risk of selling him anyway. Any player we would bring in from Spurs, if we can afford their wages we might as well just offer them to Vlaar instead. To me it's worth the risk of losing him on a free on the basis that we hopefully will be taken over and have fresh money to spend.

If we could get from Spurs Capoue and Holtby for Vlaar, I'd consider that , But not Dowson tbh.

Ofcourse with a replacement arranged from the Dutch or Belgian League.

But anyway we need to be careful dealing with these Spurs ! Their bite is like a snake ! And they don't leave you until getting all your blood !

That's why I would like to keep Vlaar. We really need him this season. We have a decent squad if everybody is fit. It's up to Lambert if he'll repeat the end of 2012-2013, or 2013-2014 !

If we could get from Spurs Capoue and Holtby for Vlaar, I'd consider that , But not Dowson tbh.

But anyway we need to be careful dealing with these Spurs ! Their bite is like a snake ! And they don't leave you until getting all your blood !

That's why I would like to keep Vlaar. We really need him this season. We have a decent squad if everybody is fit. It's up to Lambert if he'll repeat the end of 2012-2013, or 2013-2014 !

Well they truly stiffed us with Jenas! 

How's the takeover going? Still in 'final' negotiations? ;)  :thumb:  :excl:  

Guys let's get some perspective here. Smalling is not good enough for Man U. He would be one of our best defenders and probably isn't that far behind Vlaar.

You don't play so many games for Man U if you're the worst defender in the league.

John O'Shea will disagree with you on that ;)

• Like 1

John O'Shea will disagree with you on that ;)

John O'Shea is better than the shit we have.

Well they truly stiffed us with Jenas!

Off topic, but did they? Our manager at the time wanted him and we offered wages on line with what we thought he was worth. He then got injured playing for us. It's unfortunate, but not sure how we stiffed by them.

I'm not ron's biggest fan. This club has a long tradition of excellent center backs and I don't think vlaar is in the class of what went before. A good world cup in a back 3 doesn't change that. However, selling him at this moment would be a very bad decision. He represents all the meagre leadership we have

Â