Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

worst thing about vlaar he is so terrible with injuries i cannot ever see him having a long run of games ever he just doesnt seem to able to shake off knocks

It's not that he gets injured often which is the problem it's that he always seems to be out for at least a few weeks. I mean, he was available for us for pretty much the entirety of 2013 bar the first few and last few games.

According to Wiki, he has never played more than 33 games in a season, so I think he does get lots of injuries. Between 07-08 and 08-09 he only played 4 games for Feyenoord. If you buy players who have a history of major injuries, don't be suprised when he gets injured. I guess that is why he only cost about 3 million.

As I said, it's not their frequencies it's their durations. He's only really been injured on 3 separate occasions for us. If they were for a week or two each (one was) then it would be ok but we've had two instances now where he's been out for well over a month.

I mean, compare him to Baker who seems to get injured a lot but is practically never out for more than a couple of games in a row.

Edited by Mantis

Â