Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Just said on talk sport that PL has said vlaar won't play against shef utd as the arsenal game is far more important

And he's right.

Indeed he is although I'm old fashioned and look forward to the 3rd round of the FA cup.

It's a shame we didn't pick up more points against Sunderland and Palace at home and Fulham and Stoke away as we'd be in a far healthier position in the league and therefore maybe more focussed on the FA cup. 

I've seen us win the League, the Euorpean cup and the League Cup and would love to add the FA cup to that list. 

I should hope that even a "weaker" Villa side should be able to beat a team that is struggling in League 1!!!

Although last season I was thinking Villas first team should be beating a League 2 team but ya know!

Another game that shows the complete lack of quality in the squad without important players like vlaar.

Vlaar isn't quality, it's just that everything is relative.

Hardly. Fitness aside Vlaar would walk into most Premier League sides. Just because most of the players around him in defence are shit doesn't mean he is.

Another game that shows the complete lack of quality in the squad without important players like vlaar.

Hardly. Fitness aside Vlaar would walk into most Premier League sides. Just because most of the players around him in defence are shit doesn't mean he is.

I didn't say that he was shit, I just disputed that he was 'quality'.

Vlaar is a very average lower Premier League/Championship defender.

I like the guy, but can only call it as it is.

• Like 1

I didn't say that he was shit, I just disputed that he was 'quality'.

Vlaar is a very average lower Premier League/Championship defender.

I like the guy, but can only call it as it is.

I never said you said that, but he's clearly a lot better than "average lower Premier League/Championship". He'd get in to most sides in this league.

• Like 1

Well for 2 years in a row as soon as he is out of the team we become a pile of shit. Don't know what that means other than thank god we got 70 minutes out of him at Sunderland and  can't wait for him to return.

• Like 1

Has anyone got stats for Villa with Ron, and Villa without Ron this season? Should be interesting.

I posted a table a few pages back about this. It only took into account league games and the result was what we already knew - we score more, concede less, win more and get more points when Vlaar is in the side. Don't think it's a coincidence either that Vlaar was absent both today and against Bradford and Millwall last year. We're rudderless without him. He's more important than anyone else.

Agree, when i say quality i'm comparing him to the majority of the current squad who can't do most of the basic things correct.

Has anyone got stats for Villa with Ron, and Villa without Ron this season? Should be interesting.

I posted a table a few pages back about this. It only took into account league games and the result was what we already knew - we score more, concede less, win more and get more points when Vlaar is in the side. Don't think it's a coincidence either that Vlaar was absent both today and against Bradford and Millwall last year. We're rudderless without him. He's more important than anyone else.

Pretty much agree with all that. Liked the table- so we have only won 2 games in the league without Vlaar? Bloody hell, thats terrible!

Pretty much agree with all that. Liked the table- so we have only won 2 games in the league without Vlaar? Bloody hell, thats terrible!

Yeah, and both of them were back in late 2012.

Getting a cruciate injury is pure bad luck.

However, once you suffer one, you're more likely to re tear it. He probably won't, but there's a higher chance he will than the average player.

Thats bollocks.

Plenty of players who have done their cruciate and gone on to have perfectly decent careers. If they didn't there would be a mass of retired players..

However, once you suffer one, you're more likely to re tear it. He probably won't, but there's a higher chance he will than the average player.

Thats bollocks.

Plenty of players who have done their cruciate and gone on to have perfectly decent careers. If they didn't there would be a mass of retired players..

Sadly it's not bollocks. I've done mine twice and the surgeon who performed the second op confirmed a new ACL has an average lifespan of 10 years.

Thats bollocks.

Sadly it's not bollocks. I've done mine twice and the surgeon who performed the second op confirmed a new ACL has an average lifespan of 10 years.

No... actually it is bollocks.

Â