Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

He's starting to become the Mellberg replacement we'd all hoped for.

I think he's perhaps another one in the line of McGrath and Laursen who, if they weren't so injury prone, would be playing for someone far better than us.  I'm glad we've got him.

And to think we got him for what, £3m?

Great signing indeed, he tweeted that he thinks we should have got the win today - that is the kind of mentality we need, especially from the older players.

£3m for Vlaar. £4m for Okore. £5.6m for Mellberg. £3m for Laursen. It's like we go around stealing Northern European defenders.

I liked your post, but being pedantic Vlaar isn't Northern European.  Isn't Amsterdam on the same latitude as Coventry?

Isn't the UK Northern European? I'd say so. 

Anyway... Vlaar - absolute bossman. I was critical of him last year but he's really stepped up this time. Has helped that Clark has been better too but he's the real deal.

£3m for Vlaar. £4m for Okore. £5.6m for Mellberg. £3m for Laursen. It's like we go around stealing Northern European defenders.

I liked your post, but being pedantic Vlaar isn't Northern European.  Isn't Amsterdam on the same latitude as Coventry?

I'd say UK was Northern European. Tbh I was trying to find a way of saying Nordic countries + the Netherlands!

Â