Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next person who says Lambert denied interest is getting shot into space.

This. I thought all Lambert said was that he there was "nothing to say" on Carroll. This is known in the industry as a 'reverse-Redknapp'...

75 long balls per game, almost 1 a minute ?

Bit concerning

You've got to remember firstly that the team was build with lower league players, and the team scored the 5th most goals in the league from counter attacks. The style was direct and played to the teams strengths. Back on topic, I'd absolutely love Carroll, personally I think Rodgers is mad not to change his style of play to suit Carroll.

75 long balls per game, almost 1 a minute ?

Bit concerning

"long ball" doesn't just mean collins style hoofs

it could be a safe cross field pass, or a 20 yard pass backwards

For me personally you need 4 first team proven strikers. Last season these teams had.

City: Tevez, Aguero, Dzecko, Balotelli.

United: Rooney, Wellbeck, Berbatov, Hernadez.

Arsenal: RVP, Henry, Gervinho, Chamakh,

Spurs: Defoe, Pav, Adebayor, Saha

Chelsea: Drogba, Torres, Sturridge, Anelka/Lukaku

Villa: Bent, Gabby, Weimann, Heskey.

Heskey has left & if Weimann was at a club higher up the league he'd be on loan to a Wigan type. For me we need at least one striker, unless the Fonz has finally seen the light and is in fact the second coming, for me if we could get in an experienced goal scorer on a short term deal, it would be a very good stop gap signing. Someone in the mould of Keane but wages would be an issue.

I still, against my better judgement hold out hope for Fonz. I see lovely touches and great technique, I can't understand why his career has not kicked on. Attitude? who knows.

Carroll? Out of our price range possibly. I think he'd do well, I think we'd have to pay top dollar for it. I wouldn't be too keen on the style of football he'd require.

I keep thinking Berbatov. Better player, better target man, who can hold up the ball and has bags more ability with his feet, not as good with crosses, but hands down better than Carroll, for me.

Like all good teams, we will mix it up depending on the opposition.

This is a non-issue for me anyway, if Carroll leaves Liverpool, he's only going back to Newcastle. They've already bid 12m for him haven't they? I really don't see us spending that amount on a forward this summer.

But would berbatov come to us ? Doubtful

As for Fonz it really is now or never surely, he strikes me as he needs lots of tlc and an arm around the shoulder

Maybe lambert can offer that

Like all good teams, we will mix it up depending on the opposition.

This is a non-issue for me anyway, if Carroll leaves Liverpool, he's only going back to Newcastle. They've already bid 12m for him haven't they? I really don't see us spending that amount on a forward this summer.

i wonder how much they still owe newcastle for him

You've also got to look at the player, he'd want to go back home you'd imagine rather than to us or West Ham and they're in europa league also.

I like Carroll but I'd hardly be devasted if we didn't get him.

A fit and firing Bent will outscore him over the season, Gabby will have a point to prove (we hope) and Weimann was showing potential at the end of last season so I'm cool with the strikers we have currently.

I still, against my better judgement hold out hope for Fonz. I see lovely touches and great technique, I can't understand why his career has not kicked on. Attitude? who knows.

Carroll? Out of our price range possibly. I think he'd do well, I think we'd have to pay top dollar for it. I wouldn't be too keen on the style of football he'd require.

I keep thinking Berbatov. Better player, better target man, who can hold up the ball and has bags more ability with his feet, not as good with crosses, but hands down better than Carroll, for me.

I pray more than hope for The Fonz. Berbatov and Carroll, I dont know you're going to get a lot more from Carroll in terms of work rate and he can help defend set plays. Berba has this class, dont get me wrong, however Carroll has age on his side, and although he would cost big bucks, he'd have a nice re-sale value as well if he was average, and if he was a success we could pretty much name our price. On the wages front too I think AC would be the cheaper option.

We MUST sign a target man. Bent, Weimann, Delfouneso, Gabby are not. It shouldn't be Carroll because of his baggage and price. I'm sure there are better cheaper options from the likes of German, French, Dutch leagues.

Did Norwich play hoof ball last season ?

I thought they kept it on the deck more ?

Norwich averaged 46.2% possession (47.2% at home, 45.2% away) . We were 45.8% on average (48.2% at home & 43.5% away). However Norwich were 9th in pass completion in the League.

You sure but those stats mate? This is the same Norwich that was one of the very few teams who out possessed Swansea last season.