Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

honest_bertie, no he didn't. Ba was assisting West Ham to relegation at the time. But I know you confused Ba with Ameobi!

ah yeh nice one SikhInTrinity, my mistake... still i wouldn't mind seeing Ba at Villa, apparently he wants to stay in Prem and has a clause in his contract that he can go to another prem team for 7 mil or more, around that price I'd say he would be as good value if not better than Fletcher (not saying Fletcher not a good player just over valued at +10 mil).

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did say he wants to move to someone in European competition. So it would be stupid even by Homer Simpson's standards for Liverpool to cup-tie him. He can still end up anywhere though.

For the money it's going to take, I'd rather we looked elsewhere. It's clear that he doesnt really want to leave Liverpool, certainly not for a sensible amount of money anyway. The last thing we need to do is get someone in on £80,000 a week.

Anyone know how much Carroll is Actually on? 80k? 90k? 60-70k?

65k apparently

Really doubt he's on that low of a wage. He was a 35 million transfer, if his agent has only negotiated 65K a week Carroll should have fired him.

the fee was more that liverpool told chelsea they wanted 15m in cash, plus whatever carroll cost for torres

not because they valued torres at 50m, or carroll at 35m

had carroll cost 15m, torres wouldve cost 30m

65k apparently

Really doubt he's on that low of a wage. He was a 35 million transfer, if his agent has only negotiated 65K a week Carroll should have fired him.

the fee was more that liverpool told chelsea they wanted 15m in cash, plus whatever carroll cost for torres

That makes no sense.

They were negotiating with Newcastle for Carroll not Chelsea. Why would Chelsea agree a fee for Torres that they had no control over? If Liverpool had decided to buy Carroll for 80m knowing the Torres deal was going to cover it would Chelsea have been obliged to hand over 95m?

65k apparently

That makes no sense.

They were negotiating with Newcastle for Carroll not Chelsea. Why would Chelsea agree a fee for Torres that they had no control over? If Liverpool had decided to buy Carroll for 80m knowing the Torres deal was going to cover it would Chelsea have been obliged to hand over 95m?

it may make no sense to you, but that's exactly how it worked. liverpool said it, newcastle said it, and comolli said it

the torres transfer was dependent on the carroll transfer. the carroll transfer needed to be agreed before the torres deal went through. chelsea said they agreed to liverpools terms, pool went and negotiated the carroll deal then told chelsea the final figure and both deals happened at the same time

Ultimately, with his wages and our wage organisation this season, I don't think he'll come to us unless we clear out a vast amount of players.

We still have no target man, maybe we won't need one, but it's always nice, in my opinion, to have all varieties of striker to choose from.

Well KK on twitter (more reliable than most) reckons we are considering a bid for Carroll.

I suppose that much has been obvious for a while or since Lambert's comments at least.

One thing I would say is that if we do decide to bid for him I think we would only do so if the bid had a pretty reasonable chance of being successful.

I think our club operates very differently to the Sullivan's and Golds of this world who always talk about big transfers that will change the world but never quite seem to be able to complete one.