wiggyrichard

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly, I fully expect mike Ashley to step up anyway

Ba is off to Russia for about £10m so it won't be an issue to pay about £22m

Then dippers save some face and NUFC get their prodigy back

Do you think Pardew wants him back? They've made some great signings since he left and they've done well without.

I don't think he's going anywhere and his Liverpool move was hasty and may have damaged his career.

publicity stunt

Exactly.

Every season those pair of gobshites get themselves linked to somebody out of their reach as a publicity stunt.

How long before Cackbeard is on Sky in front of the Tumnuscopter saying how they were genuinely interested.

Then Miss Piggy will be in the sun backing it up with her tedious diary.

Somehow the alternative will be some Malian bloke for £2m.

you'd probably take something like £6mil under serious consideration

6 mil?! Please tell me this is a joke.

I was stating had Mcleish still been in charge and a bid of £6mil came in for Gabby right after the Norwich game, that AMc would definitely have had to have a look at that bid with serious consideration, especially when you factor in his wages. I'm a huge fan of Gabby and he's scored some very important goals for us, but from a neutral point of view I think £6mil wouls have been realistic at that time and a lot of people on here would have snapped someone's hand off for it.

I think he could do a lot of good for us, but £15m is the upper limit of what I'd consider a tolerable price for Carroll. A club in our position should probably be spending that amount elsewhere, for 2 or 3 positions, rather than on a single marquee striker who has already failed to perform as a marquee signing elsewhere.

A club in our position should probably be spending that amount elsewhere, for 2 or 3 positions, rather than on a single marquee striker who has already failed to perform as a marquee signing elsewhere.

Spot on. If we can get 2 or 3 of Bent, Gabby, Ireland, Zog, Holman... (fonz, weimann, etc) firing, we're set. In other areas of the pitch we are far worse off and it would make no sense to lump all our money into an unecessary risk. We need defenders and midfielders as a priority.