Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

Seems this Link has gone very cold..

Its almost too quiet...

Damnit Gazton, none of that cryptic stuff! By the way, any more news on the possible foreign striker??

Never said it was a foreigner..

I've got blue balls here mate - give us that release!!!

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems this Link has gone very cold..

Its almost too quiet...

Damnit Gazton, none of that cryptic stuff! By the way, any more news on the possible foreign striker??

Never said it was a foreigner..

Haha was it exciting young striker? It's been too long.

Right, so now we know it's not specifically a foreigner, and it's someone that a certain someone would be excited about us buying.

Hmm... Who has this certain someone played alongside?

Carroll at NUFC? I think so. Man City players? Hmm... I think Santa Cruz is the only one remaining from SI, I mean, a certain someone's time there.

Unless... we're going for Robinho?!

Someone with long hair checked into The Belfry less than an hour ago

Make of that what you will ;-)

It was me. I'm going to bend one up the secretary. Mind your own business.

In all seriousness, I would be over the moon with Carroll and feel it would be a major coup in some regards. If reports are accurate he turned down West Ham, which to be honest has London to offer and the tactics of Big Sam would play favorably to Carroll's attributes (although maybe the lad is smarter than we think and wanted nothing to do with the dildo brothers). I think the biggest stumbling block to get him would be wages of course, but you never know.

I remember under MON (sorry, I hate making the comparison too), that many times when players signed the first thing you heard about was how they were interested in coming because they wanted to play for him and tbh helped quite a few players make it to and establish themselves at senior international levels. Maybe we can achieve the same thing with Lambert and he can be seen as this manager who will help players reach their potentials and is a like-able manager for the players. I mean Nursey did tweet earlier today that the consensus among players is that they really like Lambert and there seems to be a very positive vibe in the team atm. So with all that, maybe Carroll would like at it and realize he could certainly progress with us and playing alongside another England international up top will only work in his favour and help his development. Here's hoping!

Defoe in a wig?

Milner in a Defoe costume in a wig?

In all seriousness, I would be over the moon with Carroll and feel it would be a major coup in some regards. If reports are accurate he turned down West Ham, which to be honest has London to offer and the tactics of Big Sam would play favorably to Carroll's attributes (although maybe the lad is smarter than we think and wanted nothing to do with the dildo brothers). I think the biggest stumbling block to get him would be wages of course, but you never know.

I remember under MON (sorry, I hate making the comparison too), that many times when players signed the first thing you heard about was how they were interested in coming because they wanted to play for him and tbh helped quite a few players make it to and establish themselves at senior international levels.---

Maybe we can achieve the same thing with Lambert and he can be seen as this manager who will help players reach their potentials and is a like-able manager for the players.

--- I mean Nursey did tweet earlier today that the consensus among players is that they really like Lambert and there seems to be a very positive vibe in the team atm. So with all that, maybe Carroll would like at it and realize he could certainly progress with us and playing alongside another England international up top will only work in his favour and help his development. Here's hoping!

It's got a good chance. You've pointed out some fantastic possibilities. Here's hoping indeed :)