Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

Anyone know how much Carroll is Actually on? 80k? 90k? 60-70k?

65k apparently

Really doubt he's on that low of a wage. He was a 35 million transfer, if his agent has only negotiated 65K a week Carroll should have fired him.

the fee was more that liverpool told chelsea they wanted 15m in cash, plus whatever carroll cost for torres

not because they valued torres at 50m, or carroll at 35m

had carroll cost 15m, torres wouldve cost 30m

That makes no sense.

They were negotiating with Newcastle for Carroll not Chelsea. Why would Chelsea agree a fee for Torres that they had no control over? If Liverpool had decided to buy Carroll for 80m knowing the Torres deal was going to cover it would Chelsea have been obliged to hand over 95m?

it may make no sense to you, but that's exactly how it worked. liverpool said it, newcastle said it, and comolli said it

the torres transfer was dependent on the carroll transfer. the carroll transfer needed to be agreed before the torres deal went through. chelsea said they agreed to liverpools terms, pool went and negotiated the carroll deal then told chelsea the final figure and both deals happened at the same time

I can understand Liverpool needed a replacement lined up before they were willing to sell but I am not going to believe Chelsea agreed to pay a blank cheque "negotiated" between Liverpool and Newcastle + another £15m on top of that.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand Liverpool needed a replacement lined up before they were willing to sell but I am not going to believe Chelsea agreed to pay a blank cheque "negotiated" between Liverpool and Newcastle + another £15m on top of that.

There must have been a ceiling.. Liverpool must have gone to Chelsea 'Newcastle want 35m, which means Torres is 50m - you want to continue?'.

Makes no sense from a bargaining aspect for Chelsea though. They must have known Liverpool would just make a ridiculous offer knowing that it's effectively not their money. Very strange transfer (if true) but these are strange times.

Chelsea must have been negotiating with Newcastle. Liverpool had agreed their deal that they were happy to let Torres go for, Torres for £15m and Carroll, then they must have left Newcastle and Chelsea to negotiate between them the fee required to make it happen.

What's wrong with long hair? What, are you stuck in the 50s or something?

Nothing as long as it's not tied up in a pony tail

Its not ideal paying sport with hair whipping your face and blinding you.

Chelsea must have been negotiating with Newcastle. Liverpool had agreed their deal that they were happy to let Torres go for, Torres for £15m and Carroll, then they must have left Newcastle and Chelsea to negotiate between them the fee required to make it happen.

That'd make more sense.

What's wrong with long hair? What, are you stuck in the 50s or something?

Nothing as long as it's not tied up in a pony tail

Its not ideal paying sport with hair whipping your face and blinding you.

If he used a Jaun Pablo Angel esq head band i wouldn't mind, he just looks ridiculous with a pony tail...

When I used to have Long Hair, I just used an Alice Band, much tidier than a Pony tail, and looks A lot better.

Before the operation I'd always wear an Alice band.

:lol:

I cut my hair after I had my appendix out.

When I used to have Long Hair, I just used an Alice Band, much tidier than a Pony tail, and looks A lot better.

Before the operation I'd always wear an Alice band.

:lol:

I cut my hair after I had my appendix out.

Sorry, wrong thread :oops:

Haha I'm only joking. :D

I had a sex change :o