Speculation: Andy Carroll

wiggyrichard

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is disappointing that despite all the bluster early in pre-season, that we aren't bringing in the couple of quality players we need and that after two seasons of struggle because of restraints from board level we are being significantly out spent by clubs who have been promoted and are apparently broke.

It is disappointing that despite all the bluster early in pre-season, that we aren't bringing in the couple of quality players we need and that after two seasons of struggle because of restraints from board level we are being significantly out spent by clubs who have been promoted and are apparently broke.

I remember stuff like this being said by many a couple of seasons into MON's reign - I particularly remember it being said about West Ham last time around. They nearly went bust.

Whilst I do think RL needs to invest properly unlike the last couple of years I dont think it matters what other Clubs are doing - we have no idea how these things are funded, loans etc, and in my vie wshould only consider our own position.

As for what we have spent, the window is a long way from over, and actually a lot of Clubs haven't done a lot, so too early to criticise Rl in my view, and I still trust those who 'heard' PL would be backed.

maybe Caroll just doesn't fit PL's plans or vice versa ?

What?

Ha moose from talksport is such a joker. Carroll deal off as he doesn't want to move to London. Ramis deal also off.

Oh well, they can always console themselves having secured what will be the transfer coup of the window... James Collins.

Liverpool FC has confirmed today that a mole within the corporate communications division has been discovered, located and eliminated. Over the last 24 hours the club has released two bogus news stories indicating that they had accepted bids for two players (Andy Carroll and Alberto Aquilani) and that deals to sell those players were imminent.

In order to locate the errant staff member the club had to portray an act of almost complete fabrication knowing that the source of previous leaks would give away his/her position. The club has become known for its secrecy in transfer dealings and absolutely insists on continuing in this manner. It was therefore essential that the club deceived other staff, fans and press journalists alike to ensure the lie was kept completely confidential.

Jen Chang, Liverpool’s Director of Communications was unavailable for comment, but quickly released a short statement through junior LFC staff – “We apologise to all our fans around the world for the recent confusion surrounding players and transfers. Complete secrecy was required for a successful mole hunt, and we are now happy to confirm normal service resuming. We can categorically say that no deals have been agreed for Andy Carroll or Alberto Aquilani”.

Stumbled across this from: http://www.lfcts.com/liverpool-make-up-transfers-to-discover-mole/

However soon after the article was removed lol ! **** scousers !

Liverpool FC has confirmed today that a mole within the corporate communications division has been discovered, located and eliminated. Over the last 24 hours the club has released two bogus news stories indicating that they had accepted bids for two players (Andy Carroll and Alberto Aquilani) and that deals to sell those players were imminent.

In order to locate the errant staff member the club had to portray an act of almost complete fabrication knowing that the source of previous leaks would give away his/her position. The club has become known for its secrecy in transfer dealings and absolutely insists on continuing in this manner. It was therefore essential that the club deceived other staff, fans and press journalists alike to ensure the lie was kept completely confidential.

Jen Chang, Liverpool’s Director of Communications was unavailable for comment, but quickly released a short statement through junior LFC staff – “We apologise to all our fans around the world for the recent confusion surrounding players and transfers. Complete secrecy was required for a successful mole hunt, and we are now happy to confirm normal service resuming. We can categorically say that no deals have been agreed for Andy Carroll or Alberto Aquilani”.

Stumbled across this from: http://www.lfcts.com/liverpool-make-up-transfers-to-discover-mole/

Haha madness!

Haha madness!

Total fabrication all right. That statement is a total fabrication I recon.

They are trying to cover their tracks after the fee was agreed but the player didn't want to move.

Thinking about Gazton's teaser info about his mate being excited by a striker we are trying to sign I am trying to think a bit out of the box and found myself thinking maybe we might be looking at Ba from Newcastle? PLayed with SI when he was on loan up there and the sort of player that would be exciting. Also if Carroll did end up back there maybe Ba would feel he's better off elsewhere getting more guaranteed 1st team football. Just a thought.