Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this **** about when it is now public knowledge that he has a reasonable release clause in his contract is a bad move.

We do all the work and someone else comes in and signs him.

Just sign him FFS.

EDIT: Oh forgot, we already have apparently - someone on here said welcome to him.

Now I know (courtesy of Daily Mail) we have to sell Collins to raise the cash for Vlaar, my optimism on this deal has suddenly plummeted.

Unless that's a load of bollocks of course.

I think its a done deal, Lambert wouldnt say its done until its signed and sealed, but I think in reality its all down to signing on the dotted line. And ofcourse Lambert gonna dismiss all other rumours Owen, Caroll etc etc. Nothing new here IMO.

PAUL Lambert is unsure whether Ron Vlaar will join Villa’s tour of the States – and has explained his reasons for leaving Alan Hutton behind.

Lambert admitted he met Vlaar for talks at Villa Park at the weekend, but insists the deal is not as advanced as is being reported in Holland.

Although the Feyenoord central defender told the Dutch press it would be a “dream” to join Villa, the transfer is far from being a formality.

“Ron came over and we had a chat with him, that’s basically where it’s been left, there’s nothing imminent at all,” said Lambert.

“I spoke to the guy and he’s a really top bloke and a very good player. We’ll see what happens. I just had a chat with the guy, that’s all it was.

“I honestly don’t know if anyone else is interested in him. I had a chat with him the other day and he was great, everything’s fine.

“I know what type of character he is and we’ll need to see what happens.

“I’ll have a chat with the people here.

“The main thing was having a chat with the lad himself to see how he feels. I don’t know if he’ll be coming out here, I’ve only just had a chat with him.

“I’ve not put any ground rules down, nothing at all, it was just a chat.”

In an interview with the Dutch press, the Dutch international defender was hopeful the deal woiuld go through.

“I was on Sunday in Birmingham to have talks with Paul Lambert and left with a very positive impression,” said Vlaar. “Joining Aston Villa would be a dream come true. I look forward to the Premier League, but I will miss Feyenoord.

“If the deal goes through I will miss them.”

http://tinyurl.com/c7jqupa

I think it's more a case of getting players off the wage bill before signing more players. We haven't actually sold anyone yet but I really hope in the next few days/weeks we lose Hutton, Collins and Warnock to free up space for Bennett and Vlaar. Then our back 4 will be sorted for next season as we would have options...

LB - Bennett, Lichaj, Stevens

RB - Lowton, Lichaj, Herd

CB - Vlaar, Dunne, Clark, Baker

The reason I'm confident about selling players in this window is that we don't have MON waiting for August 30th before deciding who needs to be sold and bought.

I imagine PL is downplaying in case it doesnt happen. He has probably agreed to sign and we have probably agreed a fee with Feyenoord. However, we are in the process of selling players and we need to do that before we can confirm the signing. Hopefully the Collins link to Sunderland is right and I have seen rumours of Hutton to Fulham.

Now I know (courtesy of Daily Mail) we have to sell Collins to raise the cash for Vlaar, my optimism on this deal has suddenly plummeted.

Unless that's a load of bollocks of course.

Exactly and since when did anyone put any store on the rubbish in the Mirror and the Mail. Its a well known fact that we want to control wages and not be silly over fees but that is miles away from a sell to buy policy which is what those papers are implying.

Collins to Sunderland is just sloppy journalism. It could happen but its just speculation. Conversely Vlaar is based on quite a bit more.