Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

“I honestly don’t know if anyone else is interested in him".

Well his availability is known to one and all now so I trust we are not waiting for someone to go before we finalise this deal because that would not suggest we are backing the new boss sufficiently and we would run the risk of someone else coming in for Vlaar.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's more a case of getting players off the wage bill before signing more players. We haven't actually sold anyone yet but I really hope in the next few days/weeks we lose Hutton, Collins and Warnock to free up space for Bennett and Vlaar. Then our back 4 will be sorted for next season as we would have options...

LB - Bennett, Lichaj, Stevens

RB - Lowton, Lichaj, Herd

CB - Vlaar, Dunne, Clark, Baker

The reason I'm confident about selling players in this window is that we don't have MON waiting for August 30th before deciding who needs to be sold and bought.

Which Bennett are you talking about? Ryan or Joe? Both LB!!!

My welcome is still active. I wouldn't say it unless I believed what I have been told FFS!

Richard, do you buy into the talk that we are waiting for a player to leave before we bring him in?

ie we have it all t'eed up until Hutton goes.

I did say last week that I thought we would have one out before one in but it could all be about timing.

But I do not believe that we HAVE to sell before we buy the next one if that is what you are asking

I think it's more a case of getting players off the wage bill before signing more players. We haven't actually sold anyone yet but I really hope in the next few days/weeks we lose Hutton, Collins and Warnock to free up space for Bennett and Vlaar. Then our back 4 will be sorted for next season as we would have options...

LB - Bennett, Lichaj, Stevens

RB - Lowton, Lichaj, Herd

CB - Vlaar, Dunne, Clark, Baker

The reason I'm confident about selling players in this window is that we don't have MON waiting for August 30th before deciding who needs to be sold and bought.

Which Bennett are you talking about?

Gordon

Richards welcome is good enough for me, so hello Villaaarrrd the Impaler.

Another good signing, I am enjoying this.

:D

It makes perfect sense for the Club to muddy the waters as much as possible, for example giving the impression that we must ship 'One Out to get One In' is much better than letting it be known we have lots of spare cash.

In a leading Dutch football magazine, Feyenoord Technical Director Martin van Geel has indicated Ron Vlaar will be the last starting-11 player to leave the club.

He said: "This has to be it, we know it's hard to give guarantees as a Dutch club, but at Feyenoord we feel strongly we cannot loose anyone else and that is how we will respond to any other inquiries. We can't keep saying yes, this was it."

I guess that should help you keep your hopes up during these cucumber times.

(I know it's a Dutch expression just let me have me laugh)

Richards welcome is good enough for me, so hello Villaaarrrd the Impaler.

Another good signing, I am enjoying this.

:D

It makes perfect sense for the Club to muddy the waters as much as possible, for example giving the impression that we must ship 'One Out to get One In' is much better than letting it be known we have lots of spare cash.

Except it doesn't, it pushes the price of the players you are trying to offload down as the perception is that you need to get the player off the books