Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

doewap and feyenoord as Feyenoord supporters, is wijnaldum any good or is he overhyped?

He was playing really well for us but the system suited him. He received a lot of criticism as you would expect transferring from Feyenoord to PSV and he's been crap ever since.

His main problem is a lack of vision and lack of general football intelligence. I don't think he will improve that anymore, and don't fancy him to become the star many expected when he turned up in the Feyenoord first team at 16.

Adam Maher (AZ Alkmaar) is a much more promising player in his position and probably cheaper as well.

any news about vlaars deal mate as it seems its gone really quiet?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no latest news really. Feyenoord's technical director was at Manchester City yesterday for a general meeting so I guess nothing much happened on the Vlaar front. Feyenoord are still hoping that everything will be concluded before Sunday.

@SikhInTrinity

I quite like Lens. He would be a good player for Southampton but I very much doubt if they will be able to get him. He can play either right wing or as a striker in a counter attacking team. He pretty rapid on the first meters, quite composed in front of goal and can beat a man.

@Pilchard

Anita is very overrated imo. He has been playing as a left back mostly and is very average. His natural position is defensive midfielder and he did switch to that position at the middle of last season and did well. He is quite similar to El Ahmadi in terms of pressing opponents but doesn't have the physical strength of El Ahmadi. Anita could develop into a decent player for a mid table La Liga team but not PL style.

I doubt much will be done whilst we're on tour to be fair. Hopefully a flurry of activity, ins and outs, will occur next week when the team is back home.

Mat Kendrick said on web chat...'it might not take place until another defender leaves'
I think that is becoming clearer from all the murmurings coming out of VP by various routes. Also Lambert has mentioned he's had no offers for players yet, so this transfer may take a while, if it happens at all.

Unless Lambert can convince Lerner/Faulkner that our season is pretty well **** unless we can tighten up our central defence and the full back positions. For me this would be a far bigger priority than getting in Andy Carroll. If we can't sell some of our dodgy defenders, how about trying to loan them out?

Latest news is that Feyenoord and Vlaar are expecting to hear more from Villa today. Ronald Koeman (Feyenoord manager) is a bit pissed off that everything is taking so long. He has spoken to Vlaar and is trying to convince him to stay (Telling him that if Villa really wanted him, they would be more swift in their communication with the Feyenoord management). Vlaar is being left out of the squad for tomorrows friendly but if it takes too long...he would probably play him in our Champions League qualification match against Dinamo Kiev in 10 days.

he would probably play him in our Champions League qualification match against Dinamo Kiev in 10 days.

Doesn't make a difference to us whether he plays in the CL match or not, just means he will be fitter when he joins villa, so yeah probably better that he does get some match time.

Latest news is that Feyenoord and Vlaar are expecting to hear more from Villa today. Ronald Koeman (Feyenoord manager) is a bit pissed off that everything is taking so long. He has spoken to Vlaar and is trying to convince him to stay (Telling him that if Villa really wanted him, they would be more swift in their communication with the Feyenoord management). Vlaar is being left out of the squad for tomorrows friendly but if it takes too long...he would probably play him in our Champions League qualification match against Dinamo Kiev in 10 days.
This is starting to look like the OGS saga.

:(

Other than Bent we dont really have any saleable assets.

Given, Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Ireland, Gabby, Delph, N'Zogbia, the kids, none of them would demand more than £5mil in my eyes, maybe Gab & Zog. Heres hoping PL builds a team sooner rather than later.