Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got the centering of that tat all wrong, good grief :shock:.

Why? The end letter's are both level at the top, if the '&' was in the centre of his chest it would look stupid as 'XAVI' would end lower than 'SHANE'.

Zhan-Zhuang,

Kyle Ebecilio, Karim Rekik, Nathan Ake, Tim Krul, and Jeffrey Bruma are all on PL paylists. Then Luc Castaignos is currently at Inter Milan (although he will likely move somewhere else).

Granted, most of these boys are as yet too young to actually play in the Premier League (bar Tim Krul), but at least they are not as old as Barry or Cahill...

But let's not forget Robin van Persie. He seems to have mastered the PL level.

Point being that Feyenoord has been releasing a lot of talent in recent years, rather than since the nineties...

BBC Sportswatch

0959:

FOOTBALL

Holland international Ron Vlaar is excited at a possible switch to Aston Villa. The Feyenoord defender, 27, held talks with Villa boss Paul Lambert over the weekend and admits it would be a "dream" to swap the Eredivisie for the Premier League.

He tells De Telegraaf newspaper: "I was on Sunday in Birmingham to have talks with Paul Lambert and left with a very positive impression. Joining Aston Villa would be a dream come true."

It he wants to come and they are letting him talk to us then what can stop it?

The Premier League is the home of shit tattoos.

WRONG!!!!!

The hotel Im currently staying at wins hands down!!

Is this hotel in the West Midlands? Is Defoe there? Carlton Palmer?

It actually wasn't Villaajax, but Ajax-fan who said, on page 12, I quote:

He is slow, not a great defender, not so good at football (like Vertonghen for example), one of the weakest link at the Dutch team this Euro 2012. He failed there and AZ in the early stage of his career. Do you know Loovens? He didn't make it make it in the premier league as well right? I rate Vlaar abit higher, but not much.

(end quote)

There something in there I completely disagree with and that, if Ajax-fan would know his history, he should remember to be incorrect.

When Vlaar was 19 or 20 and playing for AZ Alkmaar, he was doing very well and he was one of the most wanted young defenders, also attracting interest from the Premier League. Somebody said Villa at that time expressed interest, I don't know that much. I know Ajax very much wanted to sign him, and so did the Spurs.

I know the entire Dutch league was gobsmacked that Vlaar elected to move to Feyenoord.

I think I understand the confusing part. It should have said UNLIKE Vertonghen. Which I ment to relate to the football part. If I remember things correctly. Vlaar made his debut in the game Netherlands - Italy 1-3. Vlaar was absolutely horrifying! He had alot of heavy critism which he couldn't deal with. He got on a dead end at AZ and wanted to make a new start at Feyenoord. Also Van Basten (head coach of Dutch team) did that more often. Players who weren't ready yet made their debut in the national team.

Thing is, for myself, I watch players always if they would fit Ajax or not. With our high pressing lines, Vlaar just lacks pace. I really do hope Aston Villa won't press that high. Once the counter attack is going on, he will never catch up. Vertonghen is a slow starter as well, but with his elephant steps, he gets at least some top speed going.

Also the youth acadamies is quite hard to say which one is best. Feyenoord sees his best players robbed by big clubs around the world. While Ajax get robbed too. Ajax however steals mostly themselves of all kind of teams around the world. The awards doesn't say anything at all, nonsense awards. In football it's all about the best players, playing sexy football and winning championships/cups. Without all the robbing it would be a close call I guess.

I thought there was a release clause for 4m Euro's?

There is a release clause yes. I don't know the exact price, most rumors here are around 4 million euro indeed.

BTW feynoord Gary Cahill - Chelsea and England, Garth Barry - Man City and England have come through our youth team also.

Brighton say hello

You mean the bloke signed to keep his mate Michael Standing company at 16 didn't come through our academy? There was me thinking he spent two years in our U18 teams ;-)

then you'd be thinking incorrectly ( at least I think )

Joined villa in Aug 97 , Signed pro terms for Villa same day John Gregory became manager Feb 1998

first team debut was May 98

so it really would be stretching things to call him a product of our youth academy

Apparently, Vlaar said it would be a dream to come to Villa and was very impressed by Lambert.

...Come on then, hurry up!

Talk on Twitter is of an £8m fee - maybe a little bit too much for a defender?

http://www.footytwits.com/en/inglaterra/aston-villa_148

The folks on Twitter had no idea Vlaar was in B6 until his photo was taken at the ground, so why would they have any inkling on how much the transfer fee is?

I thought one of the main attributes you need to be a PL defender is pace

From all the footage ive seen so far of this guy he makes Richard Dunne look like Usain Bolt he also likes to make alot of desperate challenges when caught out of position