Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa are currently on a pre season tour surely Feyenoord know this.

Exactly. Plus, without a source we have absolutely no idea whether any of the above is true. Though that won't stop some jumping on it. Its Dutch twitter shite as opposed to English twitter shite. Must be true....

Well, Richard has said welcome to him. Thats enough for me...

Well, Villa still haven't contacted Feyenoord even though Villa's management had promised Vlaar and his agent that they would get in contact with the club this week.

The latest update I have is from 16:15 today. It would surprise me very much if they did make contact in the last few hours.

I don't expect this transfer to collapse but Villa's management are making it as hard as they can.

Source?

The most well informed Feyenoord journalist in the world > Martijn Krabbedam

There is something fishy going on here, but I do not think it has anything to do with wages or fees.

I mean, why would Randy Lerner deny Lambert this relatively cheap acquisition and come off on the wrong foot? Makes no sense! Lambert knows very well that we are on somewhat of a budget, but Lerner would deny him a 15M player (Carroll), not a 2-3M Dutch player who would command a 30K salary.

The hold-up might just be the fact that we are looking at other players, but again then why did we show him around Villa Park? My personal opinion is that this is a done deal and that he will sign within a few days. I really doubt that "Feyenoord" knows anything about this anyway, he could never know anything about what Faulkner and Lambert are doing after all.

There is something fishy going on here, but I do not think it has anything to do with wages or fees.

I mean, why would Randy Lerner deny Lambert this relatively cheap acquisition and come off on the wrong foot? Makes no sense! Lambert knows very well that we are on somewhat of a budget, but Lerner would deny him a 15M player (Carroll), not a 2-3M Dutch player who would command a 30K salary.

The hold-up might just be the fact that we are looking at other players, but again then why did we show him around Villa Park? My personal opinion is that this is a done deal and that he will sign within a few days. I really doubt that "Feyenoord" knows anything about this anyway, he could never know anything about what Faulkner and Lambert are doing after all.

I never said what Faulkner and Lambert are doing. I was only informing you about what they are not doing at the moment. Everything that I said on this board in regards to El Ahmadi and Vlaar has been said from a Feyenoord standpoint/view with Feyenoord info from a reliable source. I don't think anything that I said about El Ahmadi and/or Vlaar has been nonsense right.

To be fair to feyenoord if this is true about Villa not contacting Feyenoord as agreed then its not that suprising. The way the club have conducted certain aspects of business over the past few years has been bizarre at times. E.g. Telling Mclaren he is not to be interviewed due to fan pressure but then tapping up and employing the worst manager the fans could ever want.

Koeman's questioning why the board are dragging their feet...for that matter, so am I. Surely PF could have put the final stamp on the deal while the team is on tour?

Despite the last two pages on here, given what I am led to believe I would be absolutely flabbergasted if this deal collapsed now. Totally amazed. For me it should still be a done deal

Agree with the quotes from Koeman, we are not going about this the right way at all. It is as if we've totally forgotten this is another team's player and that they should wait until we sell someone to fund this player. They gave permission for him to come to Villa and talk without a fee, so we should either pay up soon or just leave this deal alone.

Despite the last two pages on here, given what I am led to believe I would be absolutely flabbergasted if this deal collapsed now. Totally amazed. For me it should still be a done deal

What do you think about the sell to buy rumours? Just that the money is there and RL is watching the wage bill or we really are skint?

I bet doug sits at home sometimes thinking where he went wrong with his PR.

Back to back seasons where relegation was a serious worry. 1 poor managerial appointment followed up with possibly the worst managerial appointment in the history of premiership football. 2 seasons of no real spending while selling top players. And after all that a sell to buy policy is deemed as sensible and no problem.

I don't know how Randy Lerner has done it.

I bet doug sits at home sometimes thinking where he went wrong with his PR.

Back to back seasons where relegation was a serious worry. 1 poor managerial appointment followed up with possibly the worst managerial appointment in the history of premiership football. 2 seasons of no real spending while selling top players. And after all that a sell to buy policy is deemed as sensible and no problem.

I don't know how Randy Lerner has done it.

You say 2 seasons of no real spending, except that Houllier had around £25m (or around that) to spend in just one window where as even McLeish got over £15m. I know these were funded by player sales but you can't say there was "no real spending" when that's just not true.

A sell to buy policy is responsible. It doesn't necessarily mean selling your top players in order to fund new transfers. Personally I don't believe it ever meant that. What it means is that we need to ship out the deadwood before bringing more players in, which makes perfect sense. If we go ahead and sign a new back 4 (as we should do ASAP) without shipping out the old back 4, then we're still stuck with several big earners on the books who aren't even playing.

Comparing Randy Lerner, who's also done a lot of good, to Doug Ellis, is just ridiculous.

Did you miss our last set of accounts?

Did you miss the last two years of football?

I don't think it would be 'sensible' to get wages back up to 80% (or whatever it was) of turnover.

You carry on moaning, though.

What do you think about the sell to buy rumours? Just that the money is there and RL is watching the wage bill or we really are skint?

I don't believe it is. I think it is a sell crap to replace with better policy and transfers are about timing