Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

Manager Paul Lambert from Aston Villa responded yesterday for the first time in his flirtation with Feyenoord Ron Vlaar, at a press conference in Philadelphia. "We have spoken and there it remained for the time being," said Lambert. "But Vlaar is a topgozer and a very good player. We'll see what happens. "

The English manager has to Vlaar and his entourage indicated that a deal is imminent, but the American club owner Randy Lerner should formally give its consent to the transfer. These discussions are still on the roll for this week in the United States, where Aston Villa ten days on tour. Yesterday it played an exhibition game, is a board meeting scheduled for today, reports the AD today.

Only when Lerner agrees with the advent of Vlaar, Villa will for the first time at Feyenoord report to the transfer - for a sum of four million - about this. Until last night that had not happened. The American president and owner of Aston Villa in the rule does not interfere with football technical issues, but his boss Lambert will have to convince the utility of an extra central defender, weighed against the overall player base. The lump sum for Villa normally not an insurmountable problem.

The fact that the English club Vlaar Sunday invited to come to Birmingham, also indicates that interest seriously and concrete. The footballer gave all to favor a move to stand and gave Lambert told that the feeling is mutual. Chances are that the Aston Villa soccer player until next week on late for the medical examination and presentation, when the club is back on English soil.

http://tinyurl.com/ccxokq3

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's more a case of getting players off the wage bill before signing more players. We haven't actually sold anyone yet but I really hope in the next few days/weeks we lose Hutton, Collins and Warnock to free up space for Bennett and Vlaar. Then our back 4 will be sorted for next season as we would have options...

LB - Bennett, Lichaj, Stevens

RB - Lowton, Lichaj, Herd

CB - Vlaar, Dunne, Clark, Baker

The reason I'm confident about selling players in this window is that we don't have MON waiting for August 30th before deciding who needs to be sold and bought.

Which Bennett are you talking about?

Lenny

Lennie_bennett_lucky_ladders.JPG

Except it doesn't, it pushes the price of the players you are trying to offload down as the perception is that you need to get the player off the books

dont think we were ever expecting to get much for Collins, Hutton and Warnock anyway :P

I've always thought Vlaar is a topgozer. Glad Lambert agrees.

I tried to think of the most harmless thing... something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Ron Vlaar.

The American president and owner of Aston Villa in the rule does not interfere with football technical issues, but his boss Lambert will have to convince the utility of an extra central defender,

http://tinyurl.com/ccxokq3

Wow who new Lerner was just a front for Obama and that Lambert is his boss and so actually rules the free world.

Surely we can use this to our advantage.

Hello Mr Ronaldo, yes that's right either you sign for Villa or Portugal and Spain's debt will be called in and we'll turn the whole Iberian peninsula into a theme park for fat people.

I've always thought Vlaar is a topgozer. Glad Lambert agrees.

I tried to think of the most harmless thing... something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Ron Vlaar.

The destructor has arrived!!

ghostbusters1-300x257.jpg

Choose the form of the destructor!

"... It just popped in there"

images.jpg

doewap and feyenoord as Feyenoord supporters, is wijnaldum any good or is he overhyped?

He was playing really well for us but the system suited him. He received a lot of criticism as you would expect transferring from Feyenoord to PSV and he's been crap ever since.

His main problem is a lack of vision and lack of general football intelligence. I don't think he will improve that anymore, and don't fancy him to become the star many expected when he turned up in the Feyenoord first team at 16.

Adam Maher (AZ Alkmaar) is a much more promising player in his position and probably cheaper as well.