Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the contributions, Dutchies.

(Your English is embarrassingly good, you pricks.)

Don't worry. You haven't heard my Dunglish yet.

I wouldn't mind Kashia/Kalas to be honest. They were the best CB pairing of last season in my opinion.

You are 100% right. I forgot about them, Vitesse is filthy rich now. So it will be very hard to buy these players. If they manage to buy 2-3 good players, they will be tough to beat! Might be a suprise in the Europa League as well this season, although they are newcomers and unseeded.

Vlaar-El Ahmadi-Holman. So curious how they will do. Aston Villa going Dutch (league).

He is slow, not a great defender, not so good at football (like Vertonghen for example)

You don't rate Vertonghen particularly much?

I do! Vertonghen is orginally a midfielder. I wonder if that works out at Spurs. Vertonghen is a fantastic football player!! But pure defensive he makes his mistakes. He is becoming better and better at it though. And he isn't that old, so might learn faster now he will play more big games a year.

Gotta love

:)

Report taken from the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2173985/Ron-Vlaar-interests-Aston-Villa.html

Aston Villa hope to secure the signing of Holland international Ron Vlaar in the coming days.

The 27-year-old was part of the Dutch team at Euro 2012 and has been allowed to leave Feyenoord should a suitable proposal be made.

Smash and grab: Villa set to pounce for Ron Vlaar (right)

Smash and grab: Villa set to pounce for Ron Vlaar (right)

Vlaar is one of a number of defensive options being considered by new Villa boss Paul Lambert.

The former Norwich boss had hope to bring in Danny Simpson from Newcastle, but knows he faces stiff competition from Reading.

Should the former Manchester United man make the move to the Royals, Villa will turn their attention to Nottingham Forest's Chris Gunter.

Stiff competition from Reading for Simpson.. Really? I think given the choice between the two clubs any player would talk to us first.

not with wages reading are paying