Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, but I'll be surprised if anything goes through until we're back from the US.

Not so sure.

Did PF go to the States (honestly don't know if he has)?

If not then it made sense for Lambert to meet the player and show him around yesterday and let PF negotiate with Feyenoord. Also the player took his agent so I am sure terms were discussed.

I would hope its sorted by Friday.

Must have been a bit frosty when he walked into training this morning.

Nah they will be used to it after KEA did the same. The rest of the players will be working hard in training to hope they are the next ones to join Villa! :winkold:

So he doesn't have much pace??

We have two of those at centreback already and i had hoped Lambert would change that.

Concerned.

Well he's in the lead in the race above

Whats the obsession with pace for CB's?

Keown and Adams weren't exactly nippy where they?

What you need is players who can read the game well, if CBs have put themselves in a position where they need pace, they haven't been doing their jobs very well IMO.

So he doesn't have much pace??

We have two of those at centreback already and i had hoped Lambert would change that.

Concerned.

Well he's in the lead in the race above

Whats the obsession with pace for CB's?

Keown and Adams weren't exactly nippy where they?

What you need is players who can read the game well, if CBs have put themselves in a position where they need pace, they haven't been doing their jobs very well IMO.

:nod:

article-1164733-00D90E3B00000190-563_306x372.jpg

/\ That bloke whose name escapes me (:P) just happened to have blinding pace too in the event that he needed it, which he very rarely did.

Regarding the need of pace, look at Nemanja Vidic. He has obvious problems with tempo, but still one of the best defenders in the world. Also Kompany, not terribly fast because of his physique but he is still amongst the best. John Terry is slow, Rio has lost his pace but was very good last season. So I think it is a myth that you have to be very fast to be a great defender.

There's a quote somewhere from Alex ferguson about when United played Derby County.

McGrath wasn't quick then. BUt the quote is along the lines of Fergie saying he told his players to attack McGrath as he'd be slow and theyc ould exploit him with their pace, but McGrath ended up dominating them and had them in his pocket all game.