Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juicy news from Feyenoords/FeyenVilla's director: Vlaar wants to go to Villa. It's up to Lambert now.

If we do indeed want the player and he wants to come, I imagine he'll be speaking to Faulkner to sort out personal terms etc, as Lambert will have done his part in selling the club to him.

Would be good to see him fly out to meet the rest of the squad if he signs before the end of the US tour :)

Very smart, smart business from the club if this comes off!

And to think we paid over 3 times as much for Curtis Davies :shock:

I thought this guy was utter shit at the WC

Had no pace and no communication with his other centre half whenever teams went forward there was so much space to exploit

No thanks

The only poster so far to be against this signing.

me as well though would feel a bit more comfortable at that 4 million price tag

VLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR?

I would say it's closest to 'flare' but with more a's in it ;)

Really like how Aston Villa signed El Ahmadi, good player! One of the few Feyenoord players I would have loved to see at Ajax. One of the few indeed, Vlaar isn't one of those..

He is slow, not a great defender, not so good at football (like Vertonghen for example), one of the weakest link at the Dutch team this Euro 2012. He failed there and AZ in the early stage of his career. Do you know Loovens? He didn't make it make it in the premier league as well right? I rate Vlaar abit higher, but not much. Viergever/De Vrij/Gouweleeuw/Van Rhijn etc are more talented defenders. And.. the Dutch league is a very poor league defending wise. Douglas would have fit better the premier league I think, but even Douglas might be not good enough. (had a suprisely poor season at Twente)

There are some positive sides too of course, he is fairly experienced, he is cheap, he knows El Ahmadi very well. I think he will fit in as person. Vlaar isn't a troublemaker. But.. I would love to see Aston Villa signing a trouble maker now! Not only the nice guys.

Someone said before why Ajax doesn't want him. Ajax is very much interested in Muniesa from Barcelona. It's only 1 year loan, but I heard he is a big talent from the Barcelona acadamy. During that year Denswil (Ajax youth acadamy) will have time to learn and adept to the level of Ajax 1 and Vertonghen will have a good replacement in the meanwhile. Hope it works out!

Which De Jong you were discussing earlier this thread? Nigel de Jong earns alot of money at City! To much money for 'an average player', way to much money. Siem de Jong is the new approved captain of Ajax, can't seem him leaving. Luuk de Jong will leave very soon to Borussia Munchengladbach for 15-20 million! Good player but that amount of money is sick if you ask me. Anyway Twente profits well.

Also Aissati still hasn't found a new team. El Ahmadi, Holman and Aissati on a premier league might be abit 'lightweighted', pure football wise it's quality written all over! Holman can do his work while the others are passing the ball around. Can't believe why Ajax and Vitesse are waiting with a new contract for him still. Ajax seem to let him go and Vitesse wants to sign him. Aissati wants to leave to Spain, but he might consider to re join with El Ahmadi. (played together with him at FC Twente some years ago) Hope he stays in the Dutch league though, love to watch players like these.

De Guzman already left to Swansea City, he would have been good as well. Narsingh is very close to signing a deal with PSV. Toivonen might leave PSV, but he should cost alot Im guessing (10 million or more) Guidetti is a good player! He lacks experience, he really knows how to fire the team and fans up. Extreme energetic player. Elia moved to Werder Bremen for only 5.5 million. Aissaidi might be off to Galatasaray for around 5 million. Some quick Dutch football news updates :P

I would say it's closest to 'flare' but with more a's in it

Well now I'm just confused. I asked this and got told it was 'car' not 'stair'/'flare'.

I agree that Vertonghen is much better on the ball but Vlaar is twice the defender Vertonghen is. Both players are not very quick but Vertonghen is more agile than Vlaar.

EDIT:

Aissati is shit and would get blown away completely in the PL. He has also just signed for Vitesse.

I agree that Vertonghen is much better on the ball but Vlaar is twice the defender Vertonghen is. Both players are not very quick but Vertonghen is more agile than Vlaar.

EDIT:

Aissati is shit and would get blown away completely in the PL. He has also just signed for Vitesse.

Vertonghen has a much better sliding than Vlaar as well. I don't think Vlaar is so much better than Vertonghen defending wise. Which he should be yes, because Vlaar is a 'real defender' unlike Vertonghen who had to learn defending at a fairly late point in his career.

Perhaps yes, he will make Vitesse a big team, just like he did with Twente..

(midfield with El Ahmadi-Aissati-Engelaar) Also Engelaar was such a good player back then, remember Euro 2008!

I tend to agree with Villajood.

But Aissati really? No flipping way!

He is bosman. Won't say he is the best player ever, but he is worth the gambling if you don't have the money to buy the real big players? Perhaps you are right, and Aissati would fit more in the Spain/Dutch league.

Elia moved to Werder Bremen for only 5.5 million.

:shock: Bargain!

I know, wished Ajax signed him :(

He is slow, not a great defender, not so good at football (like Vertonghen for example)

You don't rate Vertonghen particularly much?

I do! Vertonghen is orginally a midfielder. I wonder if that works out at Spurs. Vertonghen is a fantastic football player!! But pure defensive he makes his mistakes. He is becoming better and better at it though. And he isn't that old, so might learn faster now he will play more big games a year.

I would say it's closest to 'flare' but with more a's in it

Well now I'm just confused. I asked this and got told it was 'car' not 'stair'/'flare'.

It's the a from car, the length of flare hmmm something like that ;)

Just try to say caar, and then make it vlaar :D

Nice stuff ajax-fan. Overall I'd be very happy if this comes off. Age, experience and price are all great. Get him signed!

Thank you! I am not the biggest fan of players like Vlaar. (most people in The Netherlands aren't..) I love football skilled players. Defenders are such a waste :P