Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

Ron Vlaar has technical director Martin van Geel indicated that he wants to leave Aston Villa.
Blimey, that even beats Unsworth's record! Was it something we said? :lol:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this guy was utter shit at the WC

Had no pace and no communication with his other centre half whenever teams went forward there was so much space to exploit

No thanks

The only poster so far to be against this signing.

Had no pace and no communication with his other centre half whenever teams went forward there was so much space to exploit

No thanks

I thought Wesley sneijder was rubbish at the euros also.

Maybe but i commented on how poor he was in the Euro Thread when i was watching Holland's matches i'm not going to come out now and say he is the best thing since sliced bread just because were interested

I thought he was the weakest part of the Dutch side in the euro's then again they did have that manager who was completely out of his depth

with the right coaching and some fitness work he could be a decent player but he's not the right side of 20 either is he

No thanks

I thought Wesley sneijder was rubbish at the euros also.

yeh, along with RVP, Robben and pretty much the whole squad. Not going to judge him on the Euros and think if Lambert sees something in him then chances are he's an ok player, deal sounds good value at 4/5 mil for a dutch international and he cannot be any worse than Colins or Dunne (did you see Dunne at Euros? how good was he?)

So, Dutch-type people, is it Vlaar as in 'car', or Vlaar as in 'stair'.

As in 'car', though I do wonder how English commentators will manage to screw up the pronounciation of his name, 'Ron Vlay-er' perhaps?

Gregory Van Der Wheel

Dirk Kite

Wesley Schneider

Johan Croiff

Ruud Gullet

Andy Van Der May-de

Joris Mattersen

I could go on...

Definitely Car

As in 'car', though I do wonder how English commentators will manage to screw up the pronounciation of his name, 'Ron Vlay-er' perhaps?

Thank you both :thumb: