Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

Feyernood his pace has been mentioned, is he really that slow? What qualities could he bring to Villa? Many judge him on what they seen at the Euro's, but I think most of that was due to the organisation with the full-backs etc.

I wrote this in my opening post: I only forgot to mention that he has a good long shot/ powerful free-kick on him as well.

He is 27 years old, good with both feet and long range passes to wingers and strong in the air. Physically he is quite similar to Richard Dunne...not very quick when he needs to turn but okay with pace when running in a straight line.

Sounds a bit like Alex to me.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this being potentially the third signing from Holland, was Arthur Numan responsible for finding these players ? I was under the impression that his contract hadn't been extended, so it seems a bit odd for us to then go out and buy players he recommended.

Perhaps Lambert/Norwich had their own scouts in Holland. Anyone know ?

With this being potentially the third signing from Holland, was Arthur Numan responsible for finding these players ? I was under the impression that his contract hadn't been extended, so it seems a bit odd for us to then go out and buy players he recommended.

Perhaps Lambert/Norwich had their own scouts in Holland. Anyone know ?

Agreed it seems strange.

My take out is that PL must have been scouting the Netherlands himself (or rather one of his team was) and he had a list of 'talent' from that region before he arrived. It's then possible he looked at what Numan had been doing and perhaps he hadn't found as good a list of targets - or may be PL just didn't agree with Numan's selection choosing to trust the info he already.

Can't see it being anything else, because as you say, why sack the man who's scouting is being used to rebuild the squad?

So, Dutch-type people, is it Vlaar as in 'car', or Vlaar as in 'stair'.

As in 'car', though I do wonder how English commentators will manage to screw up the pronounciation of his name, 'Ron Vlay-er' perhaps?

Gregory Van Der Wheel

Dirk Kite

Wesley Schneider

Johan Croiff

Ruud Gullet

Andy Van Der May-de

Joris Mattersen

I could go on...

Can you instruct us on how to say these the Dutch way?

I thought this guy was utter shit at the euro's

Had no pace and no communication with his other centre half whenever teams went forward there was so much space to exploit

No thanks

Signing a Dutch international CB, who is captain of a side that just finished 2nd in their league despite having bugger all money to spend, is in his prime at 27 and has at least another 5 years of his best ahead of him - and you're judging him on two games, under a shit manager where the entire team played like absolute shit.

Wow.

:lol:

I have never had "another" team or even the slightest soft spot for another club but after watching that I'm going to start looking at Feyenoord games with interest.
Yes, they're a wonderful bunch when they're not firebombing police, hurling anti-semitic slurs or beating opposition fans to death.

feyenoord+kid.jpg

Hahaha, If I had of wanted that shit I would have gone for the other lot of scum down the road at St Andrews, shame the passion shown in the video looked great.

Vlaar would be a decent signing.

:D

8)

Now that's what football should be about, passion.

I have never had "another" team or even the slightest soft spot for another club but after watching that I'm going to start looking at Feyenoord games with interest.

Come on!

In Sweden where I live, the players always celebrates with the fans after a win. Sometimes they dive, sometimes they do the "wave". This is home or away. Away players always walk over to the fans and thank them for the support.

2300 villasupporters went to Burton in a friendly to support the team. I think they were worth more then a littel clap from the middle.

Yes, I would like to see some passion like Feyenoord from the Villa-players and the fans will really be the 12 man.

I agree the pathetic reluctant clap from 1/2 a pitch away was shit to watch. I wouldn't expect that type of response (Feyenoord players and fans) after beating a non league team but that effort was piss weak by the Villa players on Saturday.

Ahh, it's good to have something to complain about again isn't it !! It's been way too saccharin in here for too long.