Speculation: Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord)

Feyenoord

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feyernood his pace has been mentioned, is he really that slow? What qualities could he bring to Villa? Many judge him on what they seen at the Euro's, but I think most of that was due to the organisation with the full-backs etc.

I wrote this in my opening post: I only forgot to mention that he has a good long shot/ powerful free-kick on him as well.

He is 27 years old, good with both feet and long range passes to wingers and strong in the air. Physically he is quite similar to Richard Dunne...not very quick when he needs to turn but okay with pace when running in a straight line.

Do all players that we 'monitor' visit Villa Park and talk to the manager? I'd like to think we're more than a little interested and a deal is in the pipeline.

And literally just as I post, Kendrick tweets this :lol:

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick

Read into monitoring what you will

Monitoring his pulse on the treadmill? :)

Ron Vlaar? His surname sounds so much like our club name that a chant should essentially write itself!

Vlaaaaar Vlaaaaar Vlaaaaaaaaaaar

Vlaaaaar Vlaaaaar Vlaaaaaar Vlaaaaaaaaaaaaar etc

All very well, but his name is pronounced "Flaahr".

John Carew was pronounced "Yon Karev", but how many Villa fans took any notice of that?
Well yeah, but that was because pronouncing it "Yon Karev" would just be silly. Too silly.

Latest News

Vlaar is set to join Villa for 4 million Euro's. Vlaar had a release clause in his contract.

How solid?

Just as solid as all the other news I mentioned before on Vlaar and El Ahmadi.

@AVFCforever1991

No Feyenoord player will ever think about moving to that club.

I have never had "another" team or even the slightest soft spot for another club but after watching that I'm going to start looking at Feyenoord games with interest.
Yes, they're a wonderful bunch when they're not firebombing police, hurling anti-semitic slurs or beating opposition fans to death.

feyenoord+kid.jpg

Latest News

Vlaar is set to join Villa for 4 million Euro's. Vlaar had a release clause in his contract.

How solid?

@AVFCforever1991

Good to know, hope we get him.

Ron Vlaar has technical director Martin van Geel indicated that he wants to leave Aston Villa. The English club is willing to transfer limited in the contract of Vlaar to pay, so nothing is a transition from the captain of Feyenoord still seems to stand in the way.

Vlaar just trained this morning along with Feyenoord. It is likely that his final training at the Rotterdam club. In making the team photo, two versions, one with and one without the captain Vlaar, reports RTV Rijnmond. Van Geel, tried last week during training camp in Ermelo tevergees Vlaar's contract to break open

http://tinyurl.com/7foygbn

Latest News

How solid?

@AVFCforever1991

I am hearing big rumours that we might be in for Lee Towers as well; that would be a hammer blow, he’s part of the fabric of the club, as well as having a great set on tonsils...