Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Delaney was excellent, especially when you consider the amount we paid for him. I also seem to remember him going a very good job filling in at centre half one season.

Spot on. He cost 250k and was comfortably one of our best ever pound for pound Premiership signings. Good solid player who never gave less than 100%. Really nice down to earth lad as well.

Delaney was brilliant for us. Rock solid player for 6+ years, absolutely ruined by Bocanegra away at Fulham going in winning the ball and getting badly fouled. Might have been the 2-2 when Ridgewell scored twice, can't quite remember.

Lowton looks a good player, needs to stop turning his back when blocked crosses, nasty habit that. Craigy G was much less accomplished at full back for us but you'd never catch him doing that. He used to wear them square in the face three or four times a match!

He's getting better and better with every game for me. Was my man of the match yesterday, looks like he's been playing in the Premier League for years, although his crossing does need work. We finally have a solid, dependable right-back.

edit: Forgot about Luke Young. He's got the potential to become a bit better than him though, i think.

This isn't exactly related but how come most of our players who go on to other clubs recently have gotten either number 19 or number 18? Luke Young was 18 in his first season at QPR, Ashely Young is 18 at United, Barry is 18 at City, Osbourne is now 18 at Blackpool, Downing is 19 at Liverpool, Reo-Coker was 19 at Bolton and Collins is 19 at West Ham.

Pretty weird.

This isn't exactly related but how come most of our players who go on to other clubs recently have gotten either number 19 or number 18? Luke Young was 18 in his first season at QPR, Ashely Young is 18 at United, Barry is 18 at City, Osbourne is now 18 at Blackpool, Downing is 19 at Liverpool, Reo-Coker was 19 at Bolton and Collins is 19 at West Ham.

Pretty weird.

It's all part of a cult -

1+9 = 10

1+8 = 9

10+9= 19

9-1= 8

They're watching us!!!

265595838_reasonably_small.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think we have a player here but only time will tell. Sometimes he shows maturity and ability  beyond his experience, other times you can see his inexperience. It's a tough learning curve, especially in this side, but he's on the curve and if we can get through this season I think we'll see a much more mature player next season playing for us - in the premiership. 

He's a good player. He's had some good games, and some bad ones. I don't think you can expect anything more from a player stepping up from league one. After a season in the Premier League he will go from strength to strength and become a better more experienced player. In an ideal world we'd have someone better right now, but that was the choice of the management but I am sure Matt will get better and better and become a very good fullback for us. 

Â