Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

He'll be off if we go down, been very solid for us imo shame about the rest of our shambles of a defence

Nah he won't We took a punt on him and we'll be fine playing in the Championship, considering he hasn't ever played in that division.

we will need to hold onto him to help us get back up the first time

but as they said on talksport the other day, its a difficult league to get out of, so hopefully lerner will learn and spend the money when we bounce back up to keep us up

He's a good player but I think he's avoided criticism somehow - possibly for a mixture of reasons including Bennett being so bad; looking good going forwards; and looking solid in terms of his tackling play and not letting a man get past him.  However, there have been several occasions this season, some of which have ended up with us conceding goals, where he's lost his man through being switched off positionally.  I'm not saying that he should receive criticism, as he's still a young lad who clearly does have a decent amount of talent and potential - but I think he's got off lightly considering some of the abuse Bennett and others have received from 'fans'!

No don`t get me wrong in an ideal world I would ship all of the four out, last one being vlaar. I am not a big fan of anyone we have in our back four. But I do think that lowton has had some moments this season, but yes, he should only be a sub for now. Shame how this all has turned out really, bennett for example is nowhere ready for any premier league team at all. 

think he has avoided criticism because he has been our best defender this season(not a great contest) and their have been a lot worse players. He is probably in top 5 best players(again not a great contest)

Havent seen all of the games but from what I have seen he has settled in well and cant really remember a winger tear him apart

That's my point though, he's not let a winger repeatedly beat him, but he does seem to fall asleep positionally quite often so a lot of chances are created in the space he's left.

However, I'm not saying that he deserves criticism.  I like him and think he has talent, but he's lacking in experience when it comes to having a consistent awareness of what's going on around him.

Â