Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

Probably at the top of that stat table because he's played every game. Give him a rest against Liverpool or ManU ffs. Lichaj can do a job in his position.

I have to disagree with you there. Lichaj can't do a job anywhere. I'm not even convinced he'd get a Maccy D's order right.

• Like 1

Overall he's done well this season but he's been getting worse over the last few weeks and was really poor against Reading. Got massacred by McAnuff. Hoilett is a big player for QPR so he'll need to step up, and I'd have Lichaj on the bench in case he's having a stinker.

Probably at the top of that stat table because he's played every game. Give him a rest against Liverpool or ManU ffs. Lichaj can do a job in his position.

I have to disagree with you there. Lichaj can't do a job anywhere. I'm not even convinced he'd get a Maccy D's order right.

Hahahahahaha at that post, quality, Lad needs a rest, after playing every minute of PL football this season and its starting to show, McAnuff slaughtered him all down the right wing Saturday, but would bringing in Lichaj really make any difference. Make the point on another post, Holliett will rip him to pieces if he isn't all there.

Edited by Avflife

although i agree about lichaj not being up to scratch, we still need back up/squad/rotation players, and if lowton got injured, then what would we do? theres no point shipping lichaj out as wed have no alternative

as for lowton, good player getting better, of course will make minor errors, but his errors arent as big as those made by clark, bennett or even lichaj

i could see him becoming a good centre back within the 'second' half of his career, he has all the attributes to easily make that transition, but for the time being, RB is his

You can only say what you see.

Will he be a good player long term?... could be.

Is he allowing too many crosses coming right now?.....yes.

The team has to be in a position, where when a job is not being done, someone else has to come in.

Sentiment has to take a back seat.... too many crosses coming in can send us down.

although i agree about lichaj not being up to scratch, we still need back up/squad/rotation players, and if lowton got injured, then what would we do? theres no point shipping lichaj out as wed have no alternative

as for lowton, good player getting better, of course will make minor errors, but his errors arent as big as those made by clark, bennett or even lichaj

i could see him becoming a good centre back within the 'second' half of his career, he has all the attributes to easily make that transition, but for the time being, RB is his

Nonchalantly letting in crosses ain't minor in my book.... and from what I saw it was consistent, that isn't errors its poor play.

He's not a poor player. He's a tired player in his first full season without any rotation. That doesn't just manifest itself into fatigue, it's also the mental sharpness that's going to start lacking.

Unfortunately, we need him

On the whole, I think he's been pretty decent for us.

However his ability to block a shot or cross always makes me uncomfortable. He has a habit of throwing his hands up above his head as he lunges across the player. It's just asking to be penalised for handball and he does it every time. Someone has to tell him to correct this immediately.

Just isn't fast enough, whenever I have seen him at VP or my only away game this season Baggies, he has got tormented by the opposition's wingers e.g. Thomas, McAnuff and Kone etc. Holliett will have a **** fun day on Saturday unless he plays on the right not the left, then Baker can snap him :P

I think the problem on Saturday was the formation, to play a 4-3-3, you need very good full-backs who can defend and go forward and our's are not just that good yet. When teams play with width they will double up on your full-backs which is what Reading did too him. I believe though on Sat we may see our 4-2-3-1 formation with Weimann and Gabby helping on the flanks.

Another excellent whipped in cross from deep for vital equalising goal that gave us the initiative going into half-time.

Like the one against Everton. Becoming his trademark cross.

Â