Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

I thought his first season here was very good considering where he came from. Unfortunately he didn't develop much further. Whether that depends on his private life or not, I don't know. But I hope he can solve the problems and start to develop for us, 'cause there's a decent rb somewhere in there.

If she's stuck at home with 3 kids, it doesn't really matter how much money she has because she's had to move away from friends and family and obviously felt isolated and lonely. This puts a big burden on Lowton's shoulders because he obviously wants his family to be where he is but he doesn't want his wife to be miserable either. If this is the right scenario, then I feel sorry for him because he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. It doesn't matter how much you earn, things like this can affect anybody and it's not a matter of money whatsoever.

But then again... Being a loudmouth trollop on social messaging sites and generally harping off on stuff to do with your famous husband and drawing attention to yourself probably isnt helping the situation either...

She could join mother-child community groups to cope with the 'isolation and lonelyness'... but no, she decides to try and derail her husbands career instead...

Sorry, but I couldn't give a rats backside about the stability of their marriage; All I want is whats best for the Villa and Matty wasn't doing too badly until all this started boiling up...

Could she have handled it better? Yeah probably.

Does that give justification for people who don't know her and have never met her to call her a trollop and make decisions that affect the lives of her children on her behalf? Probably not.

The same part of your psyche that doesn't give a toss about her marriage probably means she doesn't care about you either. To be brutally honest, I don't even know how you'd go about measuring whether or not this has had a negative impact on Lowton and the club in general. He hasn't put in a transfer request (that we know of) which plenty of others would, so this would suggest he is keen to work his way back into the starting 11. He got dropped, other players filled in and contributed to the team. Either he stays or we sell him, presumably at a profit, but if not then so be it.

Alternately, how dedicated to Villa is he likely to be when facing divorce proceedings and child custody battles because he told his wife to get a grip and she told him to do one?

At the end of the day it's football. She didn't sabotage a state of the art medical research project or sink a cruise liner. She made some ill-advised comments on social media (imagine!) motivated by wanting what is best for her family. Yes, there are wider issues about the morality of overpaying footballers at play here, but I think someone getting ripped to pieces by football fans (not saying you) who treat other people's private lives as some sort of phone-in soap opera is also an issue.

Sorry; I disagree... 'decisions that affect the lives of her children'... They moved an hour(ish) down the road from Sheffield to Birmingham because thats where her well paid famous husbands job took them (which when she saw how much her was going to be paid, I would bet my knackers that she was over the moon about at the time)... They werent moving to Plymouth or the Gaza strip!

There are no language barriers (aside from regional accents between Yorkshire and the West Midlands) that should have effected her assimilation into the local area... and EVEN IF THERE WERE... Good old Sheffield wasn't far away...

Sorry, but no sympathy from me... People move because of work; my family moved 3 times when I was growing up from Brum to County Durham to Croydon to Southampton... and I guarantee my dad was on less wages and we moved further away from where we were currently settled and where we had family and friends... but thats life...

Sorry; I disagree... 'decisions that affect the lives of her children'... They moved an hour(ish) down the road from Sheffield to Birmingham because thats where her well paid famous husbands job took them (which when she saw how much her was going to be paid, I would bet my knackers that she was over the moon about at the time)... They werent moving to Plymouth or the Gaza strip!

There are no language barriers (aside from regional accents between Yorkshire and the West Midlands) that should have effected her assimilation into the local area... and EVEN IF THERE WERE... Good old Sheffield wasn't far away...

Sorry, but no sympathy from me... People move because of work; my family moved 3 times when I was growing up from Brum to County Durham to Croydon to Southampton... and I guarantee my dad was on less wages and we moved further away from where we were currently settled and where we had family and friends... but thats life...

Again, whether or not you judge it to have an effect on her children or not is completely irrelevant. She is their mother and she thinks it does. I'm not trying to rubbish your life experiences, but I've moved eight times in 25 years, including to a different country. Does that mean I'm more qualified to make that call? Obviously, it means nothing of the sort.
  • Like 1

Ahh man, after his MOTM performance against Sunderland in the 6-1, I was absolutely convinced that he'd be amazing.  Seriously, he was like 11/10 for that match, both defending and attacking.

How can you score 6 goals and your RB be MOTM?  He was absolutely incredible. 

Shame his private life seems to be affecting him in one way or another. 

• Like 3

Hes been given the opportunity of a life time to play for a premier league club, not a hull, not a west Brom, not a burnley but aston villa. I'm afraid if he can't settle In the area for a few years in a well paid job he deserves to be back playing in the lower leagues, most people would give there right arm to be in his position. Silly lad

It's very possible that his private life has had an effect on him being 100% the player he should be for us but his defensive positioning is really bad and he doesn't have the pace to recover when he is caught out, I think that this will be the main reason why he doesn't make it with Villa.

• Like 2

Some people are just comfy where they grow up.

Money buys a lot of things, but not all encompassing happiness.

I'd love it if he became our RB for the next 5 years, but if he's unhappy then we should let him go.

He's got 3 little kids and a wife, from his Twitter you can see he thinks a lot of them all.  If his wife isn't the most adaptable person and is unwilling to live here and stuff, then fair play. 

He could be playing for Chelsea and still have the same problems, maybe even more with them being in the CL.

Some people just don't like certain things, those things aren't there for you to just throw money at and hope they go away.

• Like 2

Don't think he has ever had a great season.

Some aspects of his fame was good, the defensive side has never been so good.

For me he is a player from the lower leagues that has improved, but not sufficiently to be a regular paid up member of the premier league clan.

Edited by TRO

I'd love it if he became our RB for the next 5 years, but if he's unhappy then we should let him go.

He's got 3 little kids and a wife, from his Twitter you can see he thinks a lot of them all.  If his wife isn't the most adaptable person and is unwilling to live here and stuff, then fair play. 

He could be playing for Chelsea and still have the same problems, maybe even more with them being in the CL.

Some people just don't like certain things, those things aren't there for you to just throw money at and hope they go away.

So what you're saying is, he needs to ditch his wife and get a stripper?

• Like 1

He's got 3 little kids and a wife, from his Twitter you can see he thinks a lot of them all. If his wife isn't the most adaptable person and is unwilling to live here and stuff, then fair play.

So what you're saying is, he needs to ditch his wife and get a stripper?

What would John Carew do?

Technically he is a good footballer and on the ball he is fine but his lack of pace is probably the biggest reason why I don't think he'll be regular premiership player, it's so so important in the modern game for full backs to be quick. His defensive positioning is quite suspect too

• 1 month later...
Â