Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

It is called being whipped.

If I am picking up £20k a week and my misses has the cheek to be complaining I would be asking to borrow Gabby's little black book.

Bit of a silly comment. They've been together since school, I believe, and have more than one (3?) kids together. It's just possible that his relationship with his wife, and her happiness, matters more to him than football. And maybe, just maybe, that's a fair ordering of his priorities for him, no matter how inconvenient it is for us. 

It is in no way fair as we pay him a hell of alot of money to be a professional and take his job serious.  He will only be a professional footballer for a short period of his overall life and if he had any cop on he would make the most of it. It seems to me like he is probably joined at the hip with his missus and that can be a good thing if she is a good woman but can also be a bad thing if she is a selfish control freak or the like.

Bottom line, you don't know anything about their home life, relationship, marital situation or whatever. 

Yeah and I don't care about it, all I care about is what he does for Aston Villa because that's what he is paid to do. I'd be fairly confident that the club see it this way also

What will be will be, won't it? Force him to make a choice between his marriage and his career, maybe he chooses his marriage. 

As for the club not caring about his personal life, that would be stupid. I thought they had invested in player liason staff precisely to help footballers struggling with personal issues. But hey, you can get over any problem if someone just tells you to pull your socks up, right?

Well no obviously not but I would like to believe that the club would be interested in a player being 100% committed to the team than having an outside influence affecting things when they are paying the individual thousands per week. At the end of the day it's upto Lowton to fix that side of his life and if he deems his family or whatever else more important than Aston Villa then he is the one that should suffer and not the club.  anyway that's enough on that subject from me.  ;)

If I am picking up £20k a week and my misses has the cheek to be complaining I would be asking to borrow Gabby's little black book.

Yeah, that would be a bit... cheeky of her.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit of a silly comment. They've been together since school, I believe, and have more than one (3?) kids together. It's just possible that his relationship with his wife, and her happiness, matters more to him than football. And maybe, just maybe, that's a fair ordering of his priorities for him, no matter how inconvenient it is for us. 

It is in no way fair as we pay him a hell of alot of money to be a professional and take his job serious.  He will only be a professional footballer for a short period of his overall life and if he had any cop on he would make the most of it. It seems to me like he is probably joined at the hip with his missus and that can be a good thing if she is a good woman but can also be a bad thing if she is a selfish control freak or the like.

Bottom line, you don't know anything about their home life, relationship, marital situation or whatever. 

Yeah and I don't care about it, all I care about is what he does for Aston Villa because that's what he is paid to do. I'd be fairly confident that the club see it this way also

Completely agree with you.

He is being paid thousands a week to kick a ball and his gobby missus can only piss and moan because she misses a shithole like Sheffield that is (in the grand scheme of things) only a small stretch down the road?

Its not like he decided to up sticks and play for Sparta Prague! I wonder how much of a whinge she had when he went on loan to Hungary all those years ago!

Christ, he does have a cross on him.

Tidy footballer, I like him.

If he works really really hard, he could give himself more of a burst off the spot it would help his defending a lot and he could make it properly in the top flight.

I don't think he will sadly.

If she's stuck at home with 3 kids, it doesn't really matter how much money she has because she's had to move away from friends and family and obviously felt isolated and lonely. This puts a big burden on Lowton's shoulders because he obviously wants his family to be where he is but he doesn't want his wife to be miserable either. If this is the right scenario, then I feel sorry for him because he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. It doesn't matter how much you earn, things like this can affect anybody and it's not a matter of money whatsoever. 

• Like 3

Can he not just move and commute to training? It's 1h 10m on the train or 1h 45m by car (city to city) according to Google. Hardly too much when he's only training at villa 3 or 4 hours a day. Move back to the south side of Sheffield 30 minutes from friends/family and then he can drive his expensive sports car to training every morning.

If she's stuck at home with 3 kids, it doesn't really matter how much money she has because she's had to move away from friends and family and obviously felt isolated and lonely. This puts a big burden on Lowton's shoulders because he obviously wants his family to be where he is but he doesn't want his wife to be miserable either. If this is the right scenario, then I feel sorry for him because he's stuck between a rock and a hard place. It doesn't matter how much you earn, things like this can affect anybody and it's not a matter of money whatsoever. 

But then again... Being a loudmouth trollop on social messaging sites and generally harping off on stuff to do with your famous husband and drawing attention to yourself probably isnt helping the situation either...

She could join mother-child community groups to cope with the 'isolation and lonelyness'... but no, she decides to try and derail her husbands career instead...

Sorry, but I couldn't give a rats backside about the stability of their marriage; All I want is whats best for the Villa and Matty wasn't doing too badly until all this started boiling up...

But then again... Being a loudmouth trollop on social messaging sites and generally harping off on stuff to do with your famous husband and drawing attention to yourself probably isnt helping the situation either...

She could join mother-child community groups to cope with the 'isolation and lonelyness'... but no, she decides to try and derail her husbands career instead...

Sorry, but I couldn't give a rats backside about the stability of their marriage; All I want is whats best for the Villa and Matty wasn't doing too badly until all this started boiling up...

Could she have handled it better? Yeah probably.

Does that give justification for people who don't know her and have never met her to call her a trollop and make decisions that affect the lives of her children on her behalf? Probably not.

The same part of your psyche that doesn't give a toss about her marriage probably means she doesn't care about you either. To be brutally honest, I don't even know how you'd go about measuring whether or not this has had a negative impact on Lowton and the club in general. He hasn't put in a transfer request (that we know of) which plenty of others would, so this would suggest he is keen to work his way back into the starting 11. He got dropped, other players filled in and contributed to the team. Either he stays or we sell him, presumably at a profit, but if not then so be it.

Alternately, how dedicated to Villa is he likely to be when facing divorce proceedings and child custody battles because he told his wife to get a grip and she told him to do one?

At the end of the day it's football. She didn't sabotage a state of the art medical research project or sink a cruise liner. She made some ill-advised comments on social media (imagine!) motivated by wanting what is best for her family. Yes, there are wider issues about the morality of overpaying footballers at play here, but I think someone getting ripped to pieces by football fans (not saying you) who treat other people's private lives as some sort of phone-in soap opera is also an issue.

• Like 2

Â