General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Signing a player is like waiting for a bus it seems. You wait for ages and then all of a sudden you get two come along at once. Still think we are due one out but we may now have one in before, all about timing.

What happened to all your inside info ?

Those big claims got a lot of people excited.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signing a player is like waiting for a bus it seems. You wait for ages and then all of a sudden you get two come along at once. Still think we are due one out but we may now have one in before, all about timing.

Oh, come on Richard. Spill it out. Whos the player you reckon out?

What have I said that has been wrong so far? Or what have I said here that is different to what I have said earlier in the summer?

we cant be signing players from league 1 ffs. wont mind if hes not the only right back being approached, but matt lowton is not the answer for our problems

Yeah we should just go in for Maicon already.

What have I said that has been wrong so far? Or what have I said here that is different to what I have said earlier in the summer?

NOTHING!

I never even hinted that you had

I said what's happened to your inside info ?

Eg: was all the hope of spending big foolish in light of all these links to cheap/lesser known names ?

hmm Villaonsea.... you said we have a small budget so how are we supposed to get the sorts of players your thinking of?

tbh Lowton is a good player he can play all across the back line and he's only 23! I say get him in and see what he can do!

we cant be signing players from league 1 ffs. wont mind if hes not the only right back being approached, but matt lowton is not the answer for our problems

Yeah, because everyone in League 1 is crap right, simply because they play there?

What were United thinking signing Chris Smalling, who 2 years prior was playing for Maidstone?

And what were Man City at signing Joe Hart from Shrewsbury?

It's a pic of Norwich's management staff exodus to the promised land.

Lambert's the one parting the sea. I'm pretty sure that's Wiz next to him, saying "You're only parting the sea because Culverhouse told you how to. We don't even want the sea parted in Ye Olde Norwich, we like the sea. See ya, good luck.. Not!.......... wait, come back!!!"

Has anyone thought that Lambert may also have been encouraged about Lichaj? As others have said, strangely enough I have an awkward faith in this manager, and he wasn't my first choice at all. Hopefully I don't look like a clearing in the woods in the end. I think PL is a very wise and ambitious man, don't think he'll be dossing around with shite without having done thorough due diligence, as well as taken budget into consideration. None of us actually know what is lined up until it happens. We could even be making smart budget buys to plug certain holes and have one Marquee signing we didn't expect. I'm sure this was even insinuated by one of the ITKs on this board when he just joined.

Being from Sheffield ive got a lot of mates who are Sheff Utd season ticket holders...

ive text them all today asking what they think of Lowton...

some comments are....

"Lowtons a real player mate, can easily make the step up"

"I really hope we dont sell him but if the offer is too good to refuse then we'll have to"

"He's a solid right back who gets forward and creates things and can even score goals!"

"the best thing about him is that he can defend really well aswell, proper disciplined"

"he probably won't be as good as Walker but definately better than Naughton"

these guys watch him week in week out and have seen 2 very good right backs leave them already....

sounds very promising

What's with Sheffield United and churning out promising rightbacks? Is their whole management and backroom staff made up of former players who all played at rightback?