General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Delaney gets massively overrated on here - no idea why, he was a distinctly average right back.

In terms of Lowton - Lambert and his team have a good record with picking up lower league youngsters, as you're all aware of, so yeah, why not? I really hope Lichaj is a first choice FB this year though, he deserves it.

Mat Kendrick ‏@MatKendrick

Villa due to announce a new signing today - hopefully get right back to you shortly #avfc

There's is a hidden meaning in that Tweet, some sort of code....i just cant see it?

Delaney gets massively overrated on here - no idea why, he was a distinctly average right back.

In terms of Lowton - Lambert and his team have a good record with picking up lower league youngsters, as you're all aware of, so yeah, why not? I really hope Lichaj is a first choice FB this year though, he deserves it.

Agreed. Decent but never great. It's been some time since we last saw a really great right back at Villa. Luke Young could have been if MON had have played him more often. Hopefully, Lowton is the real deal. Oh, and Hutton is the first player sold.

Delaney wasn't average at all, a very good RB and if it wasn't for a certain Bocanegra he would have been a brilliant one. Like i said it was my opinion, we picked him up for peanuts and became a very good RB, similar to what Lowton could do. As for Young, remember we paid £6million for that chap, we paid £4 odd for Hutton, who has been the worst RB i have seen at VP.

both Hutton and Makoun already sold possibly as both been replaced?

A mate of mine was staying at the same complex as Hutton in Dubai 3 weeks ago. Hutton was still wearing the protective boot round his ankle so maybe he was in the treatment room rather than out on the turf yesterday?

Delaney wasn't average at all, a very good RB and if it wasn't for a certain Bocanegra he would have been a brilliant one. Like i said it was my opinion, we picked him up for peanuts and became a very good RB, similar to what Lowton could do. As for Young, remember we paid £6million for that chap, we paid £4 odd for Hutton, who has been the worst RB i have seen at VP.

Play just under 200 games I think and as you said peanuts.

Villa due to announce a new signing today - hopefully get right back to you shortly #avfc

There's is a hidden meaning in that Tweet, some sort of code....i just cant see it?

FFS are you a complete idiot. We're signing that Italian midget striker from Serie A. Look at the way Kendrick emphasises shortly in his tweet.

:)

Transfer ITK ‏@ITK_TRANSFER

Signing expected at Villa shortly. I believe it is Yaccine Brahimi . #avfc

Transfer ITK ‏@ITK_TRANSFER

Just been told Matthew Lowton is at bodymoor heath. Looks like he may be signing today also #avfc

I think it's to do with the lack of height of our new player.

I think it's to do with the lack of height of our new player.

FFS are you a complete idiot. We're signing that Italian midget striker from Serie A. Look at the way Kendrick emphasises shortly in his tweet.

:)

I knew it....and there was me thinking it was a right back!?!? How **** stupid am i?!?! :D

both Hutton and Makoun already sold possibly as both been replaced?

A mate of mine was staying at the same complex as Hutton in Dubai 3 weeks ago. Hutton was still wearing the protective boot round his ankle so maybe he was in the treatment room rather than out on the turf yesterday?

No, he wears that protective boot so that he doesn't have to kick a ball, have to say that he looks more like a footballer when he's got it on...I hope he **** stays in Dubai for good, it's about his level of football.

It was a throw-away line, but in Lambert's interview with the legend that is Jack Woodward he specifically said he likes to get new players in as close to the start of pre-season as he can. That way they all integrate properly.

It was throw-away but it hit me very clearly when he said it. Very refreshing to hear. I get the impression (and we're seeing the proof) that we won't be hanging around waiting for other things to happen this summer.