General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I wonder who is taking training today then if Culverhouse and Karsa aren't in. I'm guessing it will most likely just be the fitness coaches for now. So I've kinda of answered my own question there :lol:

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair I imagine Culverhouse and Karsa will be in and around BMH today, but like you say Adrian Lamb will be doing all the hardworking for the next few days.

With regards to Lowton I know nothing of him, seems a big step for a 23 year old from L1 to the prem. I'm a little unsure of this link.

Anyone know anything about Matthew Lowton then?

His name is not a palindrome.

Does that help Cracky?

"Notwol Wehttam". Hmmmm, you're right.

Kendrick is really one of the few who is ITK. I think sometimes he doesn't get all the info he should. Is he well liked by avfc or do they keep him at arms length a bit too much?

I do miss MM he did get it right most of the time.

Ive said it before, but i think Kendrick is only told what the club are prepared to be made common knowledge.

They know he is on Twitter and therefore will keep the sensitive stuff away from him.

He is effectively the clubs mouth piece to us fans.

Completely agree with Wiggster here!

Kendrick has a nice relationship with the club, but he only reports what the club want him too, he probably has far more "ITK" info then he lets on, but doesn't want to ruin his relationship with the club. Whilst he's good, he's just effectively another AVFC employee.

Which kind of takes the point away from being a journo, but when the club want to release some info, Kendrick will always get it first.

Anyone know anything about Matthew Lowton then?

His name is not a palindrome.

Does that help Cracky?

Not helpful at all, apart from providing people with the opportunity to waste a few seconds on a bit of backwards spelling. I should probably thank you. But I'm not going to :)

I saw a couple of Sheffield United games on Sky at the back end of last season and was impressed by him, IIRC he has a tremendous shot on him as well, wouldn't be a bad buy at all IMO....UTV, SOTC.

I guess he's our 3rd choice then

Unless the rumours about Naughton and Clyne were complete and utter BS

I can't see us getting Clyne and Lowton in especially when we already have Lichaj

Again, people are being taken in by Kendrick. "Villa interested in the Sheffield United right back, buy my paper, or hit the website for more details". Oh please. Either way, his paper makes some money. He can come up with any old name, at any time and then tell us the same as the twitterers, "it changed, because Villa have bigger fish to fry". I'll believe it when it hits the official site or when they are running out in the shirt.

If he wanted to fabricate a story to sell papers I reckon he'd choose somebody more exciting than Sheffield Uniteds right back.

It doesn't matter who the person is, he's still selling papers!! Are people more likely to believe he's in the know because it's ONLY a Sheffield United player, probably. My point is, that people put far too much faith in so called ITK's, something you have also said on numerous occasions.

If he wanted to fabricate a story to sell papers I reckon he'd choose somebody more exciting than Sheffield Uniteds right back.

It doesn't matter who the person is, he's still selling papers!! Are people more likely to believe he's in the know because it's ONLY a Sheffield United player, probably. My point is, that people put far too much faith in so called ITK's, something you have also said on numerous occasions.

Yeah, fair enough, but I think Mat Kendrick is clearly more clued up on Villa matters than most if not all journalists. I dont think it means we get much out of him before the main news breaks and often its behind the time but what he does get I would listen to and err on the side of legitimate.