General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Can't see Dunne leaving since Lambert said he is Vital..

http://tinyurl.com/ch6b4js

pretty sure Collins,Warnock and Hutton will be out of here..

Agreed on that I'd keep Dunney anyway as he is a good defender sometimes rash but can help Clark and Baker a lot!

Sell Collins, Hutton and Warnock get Kjaer Ramis and Olsson in and we are sorted defensively, bring Toivonen in for around 6m and Matty Phillips for 4m and then we are set

------------------Given

----------Kjaer---------Clark/DUnne

Lowton---------------------------Olsson

---------El Ahmadi------Ireland/Makoun

N'zogbia------------------------Phillips

-----------Toivonen

----------------------Bent

Subs

Guzan

Dunne/Clark

Lichaj

Makoun

Albrighton

Holman

Gabby

I agree with all of those signings. But would also like another CM to come in alongside KEA.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The back four, which not were the same back four all the time, Hutton, Collins, Dunne and Warnock, gets lot off critism for the result of last season. Villa conceded 53 goals an avarege of 1,39 goals per game. That makes us number 13 in the leauge. We just made 39 goals, 0,97 per game and number 19 in the leauge.

The most common results were 0-0 and 1-1. We hade a clean sheet in 24% of the games (Norwich 8%).

We conceded more then 2 goals in 4 games, Man city 1-4 (away Hutton, Dunne, Clarke Warnock)m Man united 0-4 (away Hutton, Collins, Baker, Lichaj), Arsenal 0-3 (away Hutton, Collins, Cuellar, Warnock) and Chelsea 2-4 (home Lichaj, Collins, Baker, Warnock).

So I think it is hash to blame the back four as much as many do. The big problem was that we scored to little goals.

Hutton, Collins, Dunne and Warnock are not worldbeaters, but I think they deserve more credit then they got

:shock:

Whats wrong with that? It actually makes a lot of sense.

Not that I like Dunne or Collins (Or Warnock).

But they are not the worst defenders you could find.

I think the shock face was for the fact it sounds like Borat has written it.

It was more to the fact that those stats take no account of how good Given was in a heck of a lot of games and how **** lucky we were on a number of occasions to not concede more than we did. Last season we had the worst back 4 I've seen at villa in my lifetime.

Hutton = shit

Collins = shit

Dunne = shit

Warnock = shit

To suggest they deserve any credit of any kind? I re-iterate my previous post:

:shock:

------------------Given

----------Kjaer---------Clark/DUnne

Lowton---------------------------Olsson

---------El Ahmadi------Ireland/Makoun

N'zogbia------------------------Phillips

-----------Toivonen

----------------------Bent

Subs

Guzan

Dunne/Clark

Lichaj

Makoun

Albrighton

Holman

Gabby

Toivonen- No

Olsson- No, too much attacking and not enough defending going on with this bloke, imo

Phillips- meh, maybe

Kjaer- I really do not understand the fascination with him, really really struggled in Italy, but I suppose others maybe know more than me about the bloke

Kjaer- I really do not understand the fascination with him, really really struggled in Italy, but I suppose others maybe know more than me about the bloke

He was outstanding when he was at Palermo before he moved to Wolfsburg.. But I remember another certain Danish CB that struggled in Italy before signing for Villa ;)

kjaer isn't exactly well liked at roma by the fans. some go as far as saying he was one of the worst signings ever. not sure how much you can read inot last season for him becuase the last season for roma was a weird one to say the least. enriquez's head exploded trying to handle the players and he left saying he needed a rest :)

i doubt enriquez will go down in history as a great defensive coach, kjaer might benefit from playing in the prem with a good manager. i don't think we shoudl move heaven and earth to get him though. probably better options around at CB.

From Sky.

Felix Magath is prepared to bury his differences with Simon Kjaer and offer the defender a fresh start at Wolfsburg. The Danish defender has previously expressed a desire to move and reports have linked him with Newcastle, Lille and Fiorentina.

After Kjaer I would say Ashley Williams, I like him a lot but I don't see him leaving Swansea for us. Liverpool are also interested. I still think, although we (Villa and Liverpool) are both on a decline, they still hold more weight than us currently.

Richard any idea on when we can expect more signings or do you think we will see people leaving first?
All quiet on the western front from my end to be honest.

Last I heard was a departure was close and business to be done the middle part of this week. But not heard much since in the last few days

After Kjaer I would say Ashley Williams, I like him a lot but I don't see him leaving Swansea for us. Liverpool are also interested. I still think, although we (Villa and Liverpool) are both on a decline, they still hold more weight than us currently.

On this I would like to add Ashley Williams does have a link to the Midlands. He was 1 year below me at high school in Tamworth so he may have friends/family in the area that might lure him back this way.

On this I would like to add Ashley Williams does have a link to the Midlands. He was 1 year below me at high school in Tamworth so he may have friends/family in the area that might lure him back this way.

I used to play for Hednesford Youth and was told Williams started his career off there, his Dad is still fairly local too I think as he once turned up to a training session. Good player, him and Clark would mean two good, footballing centre backs!

8pints wrote:

That's interesting to know, thanks :D Gives me some hope. I knew he started very early on at the Baggies before moving to Stockport, so he had a Midlands link, but was completely in the dark about anything away from Football.