General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

@VillaITK has spoken...

"So, being told that Lambert would ideally like to bring in 4-5 new players. A LB, CB, MF, LW, ST. #AVFC"

Isn't this pretty much what was discussed on here yesterday as to who we'd like us to sign. I wonder if @VillaITK is someone from VT?

I think most people can agree that they are the positions that need more depth/quality. So this @VillaITK is hedging his bets if i'm honnest.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather spend the money on getting kjaer in, better value for Money IMO. Sell hutton and Collins, and use their wages to fund simon Kjaer's move...he's the next Laursen at only 23..great talent. And this is not based on the Euro's, I have watched him play at Palermo..

If Caroll is available for around 15M , as suggested, then I'd take him. I think we could afford that and not lose Bent.

Agreed. I also think that, short of a daft offer, Villa wont entertain losing Bent in any conceivable scenario.

You just know 'plop would chance their arm with Bent if we did enquire about Carroll (now that KKenny isn't there). Then you have a circus that would quickly get out of control. Might be best not to stir up a hornet's nest. I'd like Carroll if he was playing for any club apart from the one that you could easily see Bent plausibly leaving us to join. Once heads are turned, they don't get unturned.

If we go for a ST at 15M I'd rather try and get De Jong. Even though it's very unlikely he'd be interested and I know he wants to go to Gladbach, it would still be worth a shot seeing as he's desperate to leave Twente.

The back four, which not were the same back four all the time, Hutton, Collins, Dunne and Warnock, gets lot off critism for the result of last season. Villa conceded 53 goals an avarege of 1,39 goals per game. That makes us number 13 in the leauge. We just made 39 goals, 0,97 per game and number 19 in the leauge.

The most common results were 0-0 and 1-1. We hade a clean sheet in 24% of the games (Norwich 8%).

We conceded more then 2 goals in 4 games, Man city 1-4 (away Hutton, Dunne, Clarke Warnock)m Man united 0-4 (away Hutton, Collins, Baker, Lichaj), Arsenal 0-3 (away Hutton, Collins, Cuellar, Warnock) and Chelsea 2-4 (home Lichaj, Collins, Baker, Warnock).

So I think it is hash to blame the back four as much as many do. The big problem was that we scored to little goals.

Hutton, Collins, Dunne and Warnock are not worldbeaters, but I think they deserve more credit then they got

I would suggest an alternate interpretation:

We played so deep and so defensive that we didnt concede a huge amount of goals, but neither did the formation in any way look capable of scoring anything other than a "fluke" goal.

Therefore, you only mention four of our 9 defenders from last season.

My mate at work said that he saw quotes from Lambert last night saying that Clark is going to be his first choice centreback.

Is he talking bullshit? I haven't seen any quotes?

If we go for a ST at 15M I'd rather try and get De Jong. Even though it's very unlikely he'd be interested and I know he wants to go to Gladbach, it would still be worth a shot seeing as he's desperate to leave Twente.

He has said that he only wants to go to 'gladbach after several chats with Favre and how he would be used in their system.

Who I'd like to fill those positions -

LB - Ryan Bertrand (Still think, even if it's blind optimism, there's life in this one, possibly a loan)

CB - Simon Kjaer

MF - Anthony Pilkington

LW - Yacine Brahimi

ST - Romelu Lukaku (Loan?)

So that's two loan deals from one club and arguably the best player from our Managers' former club...not too much to ask :)

The back four, which not were the same back four all the time, Hutton, Collins, Dunne and Warnock, gets lot off critism for the result of last season. Villa conceded 53 goals an avarege of 1,39 goals per game. That makes us number 13 in the leauge. We just made 39 goals, 0,97 per game and number 19 in the leauge.

The most common results were 0-0 and 1-1. We hade a clean sheet in 24% of the games (Norwich 8%).

We conceded more then 2 goals in 4 games, Man city 1-4 (away Hutton, Dunne, Clarke Warnock)m Man united 0-4 (away Hutton, Collins, Baker, Lichaj), Arsenal 0-3 (away Hutton, Collins, Cuellar, Warnock) and Chelsea 2-4 (home Lichaj, Collins, Baker, Warnock).

So I think it is hash to blame the back four as much as many do. The big problem was that we scored to little goals.

Hutton, Collins, Dunne and Warnock are not worldbeaters, but I think they deserve more credit then they got

:shock:

Whats wrong with that? It actually makes a lot of sense.

Not that I like Dunne or Collins (Or Warnock).

But they are not the worst defenders you could find.

Seconded, however replacing Collins with Clark and Hutton with Lichaj or Lowton would be a massive improvement.

Can't see Dunne leaving since Lambert said he is Vital..

http://tinyurl.com/ch6b4js

pretty sure Collins,Warnock and Hutton will be out of here..

Agreed on that I'd keep Dunney anyway as he is a good defender sometimes rash but can help Clark and Baker a lot!

Sell Collins, Hutton and Warnock get Kjaer Ramis and Olsson in and we are sorted defensively, bring Toivonen in for around 6m and Matty Phillips for 4m and then we are set

------------------Given

----------Kjaer---------Clark/DUnne

Lowton---------------------------Olsson

---------El Ahmadi------Ireland/Makoun

N'zogbia------------------------Phillips

-----------Toivonen

----------------------Bent

Subs

Guzan

Dunne/Clark

Lichaj

Makoun

Albrighton

Holman

Gabby

Warnock i'm not too fussed about as long as we can get a young, hungry LB to challenge him and make him perform. If then he's crap he gets stuck on the bench.

Hutton and Collins I'd be happy with going. I also think Makoun will go along with Delfouneso.

We certainly need a LB, CB, CM and a striker though. Another winger would be a bonus but with Holman, Albrighton, Gabby (ish) and CNZ all potential wide players it's not essential.

Not sure about Warnock, I think we may get a new LB but I think he may be cover at this point

Yeah actually warnock might not be to bad to have around as cover..

CB - Simon Kjaer

THIS!

And I think if we can manage to sell hutton and collins, that should make up for his wages...