General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to fall out with a number of posters over this issue, zero loyalty and short term memory. Dont **** expect any back from players then and ball about how players owe us anything. most of these players dont owe certain fans shite based on this evidence.

nonsense. gabby is a villa lad which is great, but he's been shit the last 2 years and before that he was only ever alright. he's not worth a fraction of the wages he's on

owing players doesnt come into it. look at collins, he was great for a time, yet everyone here seems to want him gone. why? because he's been consistently shit for 2 years

richard dunne, great for a while again. even got into team of the year. yet lots here want him gone and continually call him a fatty. why? because he's been average for 2 years

what's the difference between dunne, collins and gabby? apart from the fact that gabby is a villa lad?

Maybe you should look at this from a different perspective,

Please name those players that have been good for the last two years

I'm going to fall out with a number of posters over this issue, zero loyalty and short term memory. Dont **** expect any back from players then and ball about how players owe us anything. most of these players dont owe certain fans shite based on this evidence.

nonsense. gabby is a villa lad which is great, but he's been shit the last 2 years and before that he was only ever alright. he's not worth a fraction of the wages he's on

owing players doesnt come into it. look at collins, he was great for a time, yet everyone here seems to want him gone. why? because he's been consistently shit for 2 years

richard dunne, great for a while again. even got into team of the year. yet lots here want him gone and continually call him a fatty. why? because he's been average for 2 years

what's the difference between dunne, collins and gabby? apart from the fact that gabby is a villa lad?

Maybe you should look at this from a different perspective,

Please name those players that have been good for the last two years

This, the whole team has pretty much been shite for the past two years. Obviously Gabby being villa through and through is also a factor for me. Overall though, people have forgotten how much trouble he used to cause defenses, he's provided crucial assists and goals when we needed them. the past two years he has had a combination of injury problems and having to play out of position. As well as two different transition seasons. Yes his one on one finishing can be off at times, yes he looks dopey, but he's Gabby, he deserves at least one more season. Yes its a good idea getting shot of players who have heart for the club and bringing in a bunch of money grabbing stepping stone merchants innit? (That is aimed at the person who said if Arsenal etc came calling he would be off in a shot - which i don't even believe).

Slagging Gabby off is bang out of line, more than likely it's the johnny come lately MON era plastic "fans" who are handing out the grief

Gabby is a villa man and an integral part of our set up

Play him correctly he's a great player

I notice there is a lot of chat about Gabby so can I just add the he has scored crucial or winning goals against all of the so called big 4 which includes a hatrick against the current champions. Fans have very short memories.

Slagging Gabby off is bang out of line, more than likely it's the johnny come lately MON era plastic "fans" who are handing out the grief

If slagging off our players is out of line then so is slagging off our own fans , especially with sweeping generalizations based on absolutely no evidence whatsoever .

Wow CI, I actually agree with you! :shock:. I grew up watching Gabby break through, giving it his all and playing his heart out with pride for the club.

Why is slagging gabby off bang out of line? Rubbish, I help pay his wages and I'll damn well critcize him if I think he's been crap...and he's been crap, for too long!There was a time when I would have screamed blue murder had he gone but not now, if we get a good price for him, let him go. He was made captain of the club he supported but it didn't seen to instill much pride or give a spur to his performances even if satans younger brother was the manager. You can show all the film you like, there are a dozen other situations you can give where he was dire to counter those and are we talking about a hatrick from four years ago next month? Btw, CI, I'm not some johnny come lately plastic fan, I went to my first game in 1963, followed them all through the Doc's rein then through the 3rd division up till now but then thats you going for your lets make a silly comment everytime I write phase.

I agree this will be a big campaign for Gabby, but I think attacking football + competent striking partners + a competent manager will do wonders for ol' dude. He's my favorite Villa player. Hopefully he retires at Villa Park.

He's a cracking player when on form, can be almost unplayable at times. Unfortunately we've seen far too little of that over the last couple of seasons, but I'd be more than willing to give Gabby the benefit of the doubt and put it down to poor management by Houllier and McLeish, and injuries of course.

If PL could get Gabby back to his best, we could have some strike force on our hands!

Was looking for the speculation thread but only found this…the slag off each other point scoring own player bashing thread.

Pile of shite. Give it a rest for **** sake get back on topic or move threads

:thumb:

Becoming toxic in here.

Well FYI, this all started with the SPECULATION that Sunderland are interested in Gabby and Collins for 10 million etc. :? . We are entitled to debate the topic just as we would with any other player, rumoured or current.