General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spanish paper reporting Ivan ramis has a 6 million clause in his contract which we will be matching tomorrow. Time for bed. Good luck Paul.

Excellent. Fingers crossed for this one, looks a good cb, and worth 6m. Seems to be a link that just won't go away this one.

If you did understand the word then you would see it has no place on a football forum whoever it is aimed at.

Let me guess, you're going to inform me that fascism only applies to a nationalist political agenda and cannot apply to anything else, right?

You should probably know that I have studied, taught and lectured

Military History so I'm pretty well read up on fascism, cheers.

Firstly, an all encompassing definition of fascism has been debated since time immemorial which is why I said "sounds like fascism". I'm not interested in a debate as to what constitutes it here because it's tedious.

Secondly, I agree it doesn't belong on a football forum, which was essentially my point.

All this talk of selling off Gabby for £5-6m is sacrilege

There's a great player in there if utilised correctly

Football brain? No.

Good finisher? No.

Great player? No.

He doesn't have the natural instinct or the football brain to be a top top striker. He doesn't really create space or situations for himself, he needs others to do it for him. Great players know how to do that, he doesn't.

Bring back Franco!

Fascist!

He wouldn't be allowed to post on Real Madrid forums.

Apart from maybe the Generalissimo Discussions section...?

But if he did he'd come down on Twitter like a ton of bricks.

Gabby is explosive when he wants to be.. But thats the problem right there. Maybe Lambert can give him the confidence.. because he was clearly lacking it under he who shall not be named.
I think it's time for Gabs to move on. Good for him and for us. He hasn't made any progress for 2 seasons now.

Gabby is explosive when he wants to be.. But thats the problem right there. Maybe Lambert can give him the confidence.. because he was clearly lacking it under he who shall not be named.
I think it's time for Gabs to move on. Good for him and for us. He hasn't made any progress for 2 seasons now.

Explain to me how you expected him to improve in the past two seasons? He hasnt exactly been part of two teams, or managers that played to his strengths and allowed him to progress naturally?

One wanted him to be a winger, the other shouted at him if he crossed the halfway line.

He deserves one more season, in a motivated villa team.

To want to get rid of a 25 yr old, that when encouraged to attack, and is part of an attack minded side, can score goals like he did against blackburn last season, is football manager non-sense.

Is there nothing to be said for giving Lambert a chance to get his best form out of him? Gabby is not a natural string puller or leader of men, granted, but he does know how to play. He gets assists so he has some understanding of the game and when he broke through he was more than useful, getting England caps and terrorising the best of teams. He's still young enough to get back to and improve on that.

He needs to feel at ease and enjoy his football again or better still, find some steel from somewhere to go with his physical attributes.

Obviously Lambert is already assessing him and if he thinks its a lost cause, fair enough. But I'd like to see him flourish into the £20m+ player he can be rather than writing him off for a few quid.

That doesnt mean we dont go and get another forward in in the meantime.

If we dont get any more than £10 million, then Gabby stays.

werent the earlier rumours of £10m for gabby AND collins, which pretty much values gabby at £10 million

Explain to me how you expected him to improve in the past two seasons? He hasnt exactly been part of two teams, or managers that played to his strengths and allowed him to progress naturally?

One wanted him to be a winger, the other shouted at him if he crossed the halfway line.

He deserves one more season, in a motivated villa team.

To want to get rid of a 25 yr old, that when encouraged to attack, and is part of an attack minded side, can score goals like he did against blackburn last season, is football manager non-sense.

this is villatalk for you mate. where people can only remember what happened a few months ago. i look forward to seeing the gabby thread once the season has started for the usual to happen.