General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

if someone paid me three times more and more recognition to do the same work.

I wouldnt even hesitate. Fact is.. football is a business now. No such thing as loyalty. Some fans want rid of Gabby now.. wheres the loyalty there? He never wants to leave.

That loyalty game is long gone now.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fact we paid big money for a bit part average Newcastle winger turned him into one of best centre midfielders in England and then he **** off the 2nd he was offered more money

You have said that before and it couldn't be further from the truth.

He was SOLD, he didn't ask to move and wasn't even sure if he wanted to move.

What? I think you will find he handed on a transfer request.

the fact we paid big money for a bit part average Newcastle winger turned him into one of best centre midfielders in England and then he **** off the 2nd he was offered more money

You have said that before and it couldn't be further from the truth.

He was SOLD, he didn't ask to move and wasn't even sure if he wanted to move.

What? I think you will find he handed on a transfer request.

Link?

About as good a story as yours macandally - you provide no link either.

One thing is for certain, I have no link either, but I spoke to Randy at one game and he said that JM was his favourite player.....which makes me not think he was sold

About as good a story as yours macandally - you provide no link either.

One thing is for certain, I have no link either, but I spoke to Randy at one game and he said that JM was his favourite player.....which makes me not think he was sold

True, I am looking for the video where he was interviewed as he left Bodymoor Heath to go to Manchester for talks. My recollection is based on that, where he was fairly unsure of the whole situation.

I may be wrong, but my understanding was that JM didnt ask for a move.

Google milner hands on transfer request and the quote from Mon

"I've spoken to James and his intimated to me that he wants to leave"

wheres the transfer request?

Thats a bit pedantic, im sure if the club didnt allow him to leave he would of handed in a transfer request.

I entered this thread to see what crap had been posted from the ITK guys on Twitter yet it seems this thread is some kind of rip in the fabric of space and it's taken me back to a thread from 2010. :)

Milner is gone, he ain't coming back and that is about all that needs to be said.

This thread is supposed to be about transfer speculation, I'm almost starting to miss the crap of Twitter.

Why would Milner want to come back to us? Yes he would play every week instead of being a bit part player at City but he would be unlikely to win anything with us any time soon. Personally if he moved, and I doubt he will, it will be to someone bigger than us and I say that with a heavy heart.

Much as I like Milner and for me he was the big loss amongst all those leavers I think all this dewey eyed stuff about him leaving is rubbish. The big difference was that he publicly respected Villa and the fans unlike Barry but the truth was we were ultimately just a stepping stone. As I recall when he was at the World Cup he categorically did not commit to Villa when asked. I do recall the comment MON made and I also recall that he was non committal until the move to Man City was finalised. Added to that he put in a sterling performance in his last game for us and received a standing ovation.

At the end of the day we got far more than he was worth, even now, and he got a much better package than we would have probably offered him. The only thing I do wonder was whether he knew MON was not happy and likely to go and that influenced his eventual decision.

Should we bring back David Platt from Man City as well. He left a big hole when he went as well.

Milner has gone and even though it has been rocky the club has survived. Time to move on. Now can we get back to the rumours, twitter rants and hopefully some decent names coming in to Villa.

Sounds promising in todays Brum Mail:

Aston Villa: Expect more signings - Paul Lambert

PAUL Lambert has pledged there will be more transfers at Villa in the next few weeks because the claret and blue squad he has inherited “need a hand” from fresh faces.

Brett Holman, Karim El Ahmadi and Matthew Lowton have already been recruited and there are expected to be a host of other comings and goings throughout the transfer window.

Ideally, Lambert wants to have all his summer business completed by the time Villa kick off the Premier League season at West Ham on Saturday, August 18.

But the new manager is prepared to go right to the deadline at the end of August providing he can bring in the right players to help introduce his philosophy at the club.

“In an ideal world, you’d like to get everyone in right from the off but that’s an impossibility,” said Lambert.

“I am pretty sure it will go a long way this month but we will definitely try and get people in to give them a hand.

“The group certainly needs a hand to enhance it, that’s for sure. It’s like anything, people come and people go at a football club and that’s the nature of the game.

“That’s every club you go to in the world, not just Britain, but the group will need a hand.”

Buy Football Memorabilia on Ebay

Since accepting the Villa job at the start of June, Lambert’s phone has been ringing almost constantly with various agents trying to interest him in their players.

The only pleasure he derives from the “frustrating” process of wheeling and dealing is finally landing players motivated by ambition more than financial gain.

“Yes, the phone’s been going mad, all the time,” said Lambert.

“It’s a bit of a pain but I just don’t answer it!

“You get people on to you all the time and then you find out they want ridiculous money before they’ll even want to talk to you, but that’s the nature of the game.

“I don’t think you get enjoyment from that part of the game, I think you get frustrated because you think something’s going to get done and then it doesn’t and then it’s back on again and then it isn’t.

“It can go like that, and that’s when it gets frustrating. Or people are being greedy.

“I don’t want people thinking money rules their head really and just want to come for money and all that.

“I just want people who want to play for this club. I’ll only take people because they want to do well and be successful.

“I think that’s got to come from within the players. they’ve got to be motivated by playing the game. Everything else should come secondary.

“If you get success then the other rewards will come after that anyway.”

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/07/10/aston-villa-expect-more-signings-paul-lambert-97319-31359677/