General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Can we start a petition to get Milner back??

I just don't see it happening. I don't even think he is Lamberts style - Lambert wants player to be in awe of playing for Aston Villa - those who pinch themselves and think 'f*ckin hell I am in the villa team - it don't get much better than this'

You've watched James Milner play before right? You know, the fella who runs his **** bollocks off day in, day out, just because he can?

James Milner is EVERY managers "type".

Oh god, I'd kill several small children to have him back here. Genuinely.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see it happening. I don't even think he is Lamberts style - Lambert wants player to be in awe of playing for Aston Villa - those who pinch themselves and think 'f*ckin hell I am in the villa team - it don't get much better than this'

You've watched James Milner play before right? You know, the fella who runs his **** bollocks off day in, day out, just because he can?

I already have :shock:

I remember reading an article somewhere where Dunne said he would like to go to the MLS when his contract expires so can see him running down his contract even if Lambert doesn't want him.

Yes - theres nothing wrong with Milners work ethic - I will grant you. - and if he did return I am sure he wouldn't be a billy big bollox. But I think its pie in the sky, city have no reason to sell, hed command a a massive fee, and would at the very least want wages comparable to our top earners.

I really think lambert wants to steady the ship, build a solid base - before we start signing superstars again.

Bring the corpses over we'll stage a voodoo seance. I'll even eat them if necessary.

Honest. Swear down. No jokes.

Get me?

the fact we paid big money for a bit part average Newcastle winger turned him into one of best centre midfielders in England and then he **** off the 2nd he was offered more money

Yes - theres nothing wrong with Milners work ethic - I will grant you. - and if he did return I am sure he wouldn't be a billy big bollox. But I think its pie in the sky, city have no reason to sell, hed command a a massive fee, and would at the very least want wages comparable to our top earners.

I really think lambert wants to steady the ship, build a solid base - before we start signing superstars again.

So it's not because he's not Lamberts style?

He's not a superstar because the media doesn't dictate that he is. As for the massive fee? Well, we've yet to see Man City's acumen there. They WILL have to start shedding some of their earlier purchases soon and Jimmy could well be one of them. Where does he fit in now? Believe me, that kid will need to play football.

The wages? Well he would automatically be our best player, by a long, long distance. So yeah, he'll be worth it.

the fact we paid big money for a bit part average Newcastle winger turned him into one of best centre midfielders in England and then he **** off the 2nd he was offered more money

Meh, life's too short.

I'd have Barry back, Ash, even Downing.

@JamesNursey

expecting big changes to the ‪#AVFC‬ backline. Hear Lambert likes Ciaran Clark. Think a new centre-back to partner him + a LB due

Sounds good to me.

That s interesting. This time last year I rated Clark as the most likley to have an impact. It didn't happen for him. He seems to have had a terrible run with injuries - and for that reason I wouldn't gamble on him being the preferred centre half next season.

I always thought that you need experience at CB - so would have thought Lambo would probably keep one of Dunne and Collins - preferably Dunne. I wonder if Lambo will sign a £1 - £2m rated CB - and leave him and Clark to fight it out for the first team place.

We shall see.

Doesn't seem like anything is imminent though.

Great point. I've always thought Clark would benefit from a season or two playing alongside an experienced player and out of the two of them Dunne would be my preference over Collins. Granted Dunne can be rash but he's a better option than Collins.

As we appear to be heading into the season with at least one if not two new players in the back 4 then I think we will need the experience of Dunne in the short term whilst the new faces gel.

IMO Clark is a genuine talent and hopefully he will cement his place in the team this coming season.

Perhaps if we sacrifice enough small children Jimmy will have no choice but to come back

Bring Milner, Downing, Young, Barry, Cahill and the Gabby of 3 years ago back.

and will probably finish 6th....with a bit of luck and a prevailing wind.

57 mill for downing, Milner & Young.

I think we got he better deal.

You make it sound like he **** off for an extra £1k a week. The boy probably picked up a £2.4m signing on fee and trebled his salary by making the moving. Milner didn't do anything that any of us wouldn't do given the chance in our own places of work, and if you say you wouldn't you're a liar. Yes, I'd have Milner back no problem, he runs himself into the ground and still carries on running...oh, and not forgetting that although we bought him for big money, we also sold him for huge money.

Not really sure where you're coming from with this, so am assuming that you just hate him?

he **** off to a bigger club (in terms of present day) to win trophies

guess what? he's won an fa cup and a league championship. he wouldn't have done that at villa

he wanted to win things to he moved to a club with a great chance. anyone begrudging him that is a cnut

You have said that before and it couldn't be further from the truth.

He was SOLD, he didn't ask to move and wasn't even sure if he wanted to move.