General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Just don't rate Gabby. Nowhere near consistant enough for any of the managers he has played for.

No footballing intelligence and his main asset (his pace) will start to drop in the coming years. He is already picking up back and hamstring problems.

Therefore IMO we should take anything over £5m for him.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that gabby deserves a chance under Lambert most players do. The only guys that I think dont are Ireland, Warnock and Hutton. But ireland may come good if used correctly that's a bit but tho defence is a priority now Ramis would be good IMO

:)

I'm going to fall out with a number of posters over this issue, zero loyalty and short term memory. Dont **** expect any back from players then and ball about how players owe us anything. most of these players dont owe certain fans shite based on this evidence.

I'm going to fall out with a number of posters over this issue, zero loyalty and short term memory. Dont **** expect any back from players then and ball about how players owe us anything. most of these players dont owe certain fans shite based on this evidence.

i agree...this is true.

nonsense. gabby is a villa lad which is great, but he's been shit the last 2 years and before that he was only ever alright. he's not worth a fraction of the wages he's on

owing players doesnt come into it. look at collins, he was great for a time, yet everyone here seems to want him gone. why? because he's been consistently shit for 2 years

richard dunne, great for a while again. even got into team of the year. yet lots here want him gone and continually call him a fatty. why? because he's been average for 2 years

what's the difference between dunne, collins and gabby? apart from the fact that gabby is a villa lad?

Just because we've slated Gabby, mate if United or Arsenal came knocking he'd be off like a shot, but the fact is he isn't and will never be good enough for that level, 8 goals in 59 games, he has one purple patch and thats it, he keep banging on about beating Yorke's record for PL goals, not really milestone when you consider how long it's taking him.

I personally think that gabby deserves a chance under Lambert most players do. The only guys that I think dont are Ireland, Warnock and Hutton. But ireland may come good if used correctly that's a bit but tho defence is a priority now Ramis would be good IMO

:)

so gabby, who has never been better than average during his entire career deserves a chance, and ireland who was our player of the season last year and genuinely looks like he's gotten his act together and offers the main creative outlet in the entire squad potentially, doesn't really deserve a chance under the manager?

people say gabby deserves a chance because our last 2 managers didnt get the best out of him. ireland played under those same 2 managers, don't forget. the difference is that he's got a hell of a lot more potential than gabby does

Sorry JV, but I want him to get his head out of his arse and start showing us. In fact, it's the same for any of them who hit the headlines with this "we'll be great this weekend" type shit. I want them all to work their nuts off and SHOW US! I love supporting the Villa because they always worked hard as players, that's how it seemed when I was growing up anyway. The players weren't brilliant, but worked their nuts off for us. I want Gabby to return to those days. Either that, or sell him.

To want to get rid of a 25 yr old, that when encouraged to attack, and is part of an attack minded side, can score goals like he did against blackburn last season, is football manager non-sense.

Hope you feel better for getting that little bit of vitriol off your chest.

I have immense regard for Gabby's skills but he hasn't been doing himself justice for some time now. We really needed him to have a big season last year when we were struggling with an unbalanced and partly inexperienced side. Instead he became increasingly anonymous. It is nonsense to say he was shouted at every time he crossed the halfway line. He had a great start but then faded badly.

In my view he needs a fresh challenge and if we can get a decent forward in replacement, it could be win-win. These situations do sometimes occur where a change of scene helps a player get back his motivation and I think this is one case.

It is not a viewpoint that calls for schoolroom abuse in my view. :)

nonsense. gabby is a villa lad which is great, but he's been shit the last 2 years and before that he was only ever alright. he's not worth a fraction of the wages he's on

owing players doesnt come into it. look at collins, he was great for a time, yet everyone here seems to want him gone. why? because he's been consistently shit for 2 years

richard dunne, great for a while again. even got into team of the year. yet lots here want him gone and continually call him a fatty. why? because he's been average for 2 years

what's the difference between dunne, collins and gabby? apart from the fact that gabby is a villa lad?

collins is a decent defender but the reason i want him gone his hes been involved in 2 drink related incidents in the last 2 seasons.

as for gabby are you forgetting he was our best player for the first half of last season playing out of position until he had to pull out england squad in november (ironically when he last scored) with a back problem i think and and played the rest of the season with it because remember mcleish saying he delayed a op or something.

Back to speculation stuff, is there anything new? Seems to have gone quiet lately...

In other news itk_transfer is being slated for the brahimi announcement, quite hilarious, villa fans are truly unique!

I never preached about loyalty.

My personal issue is that I don't believe he is good enough. I don't want sub-standard players who aren't consistent. I want a competitive team. Look at his stats in seasons after December/January. Every season they are poor.

Do you feel like a big adult now after calling me a school kid?

Very easy to post bits of people's post's and try and look clever.

For what it's worth only the first part of my reply (which you cut out) was aimed at you, The bit you chose to put in was a general comment for getting rid of Gabby. :D

I don't think there's many people you can replace him with for 5 mill. His pace for me is priceless in itself, it causes problems and splits defenses. Used in the right way can be part of a very strong attacknig team.

For what it's worth only the first part of my reply (which you cut out) was aimed at you, The bit you chose to put in was a general comment for getting rid of Gabby. :D

I don't think there's many people you can replace him with for 5 mill. His pace for me is priceless in itself, it causes problems and splits defenses. Used in the right way can be part of a very strong attacknig team.

Oh the irony. 8)