General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I always join up for pre season as you get to watch most of the games and see the interviews with new signings.

On topic - Snodgrass would not be Gabbys replacement but like Richard it would not surprise me if Gabby left. Gabby seems to have lost that desire. I still have hope that one of Johnson or Sturridge will sign for us.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're selling Gabby for up to £10m we really should be looking at a Luuk De Jong standard replacement. Or Sturridge.

Snodgrass would be good as a wideman for competition for Albrighton but not a striker option. We'd have Bent, Snodgrass, Weimann and Delfouneso in the squad and would be even more screwed than last season if Bent got injured.

I can't see Gabby leaving this summer, I have a feeling Gabby will have another cracker this season with PL playing to his strengthes, he has a lot to offer in some aspects but his game is limited at times. On his day he's unplayable, and hopefully he'll have his day more often this season.

Gabby leaving would be a strange one.

Can't say I'd be distraught but then I would be a bit fearful of him re-finding his form and feeling like we had missed out.

I think the Gabby we had at the start of last season is someone well worth having. Trouble has always been that we play him when he is injured and we play him when he is out of form.

I'd like to see us having a squad of players so he has to earn his place in the team.

However if we managed to get £10m for him I would find that hard to turn down. If anyone will pay that it is MON

I'd be disappointed. Especially if we replace him with a winger who does a job up front.

I want Gabby to succeed here but if Lambert decides thats it then I trust his judgement. But Snodgrass is no replacement for Gabby.

We'd have to get a pretty big name to cushion the blow. The club would be aware of this.

I think we're after a striker even if Gabby stays and to be honest, I dont see Gabby leaving this summer but you never know.

what? sell gabby and replace him with snodgrass? makes real sense that does. Snodgrass isn't even a striker is he?

Don't write off gabby just yet, Lambert gets the best out of players and i expect him to do that with gabby just like MON did.

People are forgetting he was our best player for the first half of the season playing out of position, 2nd half of the season was playing with injury.

I'd be disappointed if we sold gabby and thats just because he's villa through and through, theres more people that should be above gabby on the list of players who should be sold.

If Gabby does leave, it has to mean that we have another striker lined up. Wiemann isn't ready IMO, and hasn't done enough to convince me yet either. Fonz is just very ordinary and should be sold. Hopefully, we'll ask Chelsea for Sturridge and will turn him into a regular international, just like we will with Howton!

If Gabby does go, I'd want at least 8 mill.

I'd sell Gabby for 9/10m. Maybe even 8 at a push

Problem with him is simple. He's just not improved. His 1 on 1 finishing is as bad as ever, his sulky strops last season were annoying. People moaned he 'played out of position' but then failed to mention his actual good form was when he played out of position rather than his dire form up front

How long do you wait for someone to come good ?

But you couldn't replace Heskey with Snodgrass nevermind Gabby.

If Gabby does leave, it has to mean that we have another striker lined up. Wiemann isn't ready IMO, and hasn't done enough to convince me yet either. Fonz is just very ordinary and should be sold. Hopefully, we'll ask Chelsea for Sturridge and will turn him into a regular international, just like we will with Howton!

Considering who we'd be selling to, I'd put a 1 infront of that.

Who's he?

Who's he?

Eminem?

I think we'd be lucky to get 6m for Gabby to be honest.

If Lambert chooses to sell him then i'm fully behind the decision. I've never been Gabbys biggest fan and for the wages he's on we could do better.

Take sentiment out of the equation then I think a lot more people would hold this view.

People forget hes only 25 because hrs been here forever. He's approaching his peak years. Id like to see what he can do under Lambert before we sell him.

If you remove rumour, gossip and twitter shite from this thread which after all is it's Raison d'être, what's the point of it?

You can join in or opt out but demanding it not be available for others seems like fascism to me.

i think you have trouble understanding what fascism means.

i've already stated that i can express an opinion but have no expectation that mods will bow down to my will and create a seperate twitter thread.

and as i also said in the spirit of joining in and not being such a bore.

Barry Fuller will join us from Gillingham FC, tomorrow. Source: ITKBernardAtWaitrose

I certainly do not have trouble understanding what Fascism means. And I wasn't directing any accusation at anybody in particular so get over yourself.

If you did understand the word then you would see it has no place on a football forum whoever it is aimed at.