General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

Man City would laugh at a £5m bid for Sturridge. Probably wouldn't even reply. Double that at least.

I'd love to think we'd be interested.

What has he done to be considered a 10m player ?

Nowt

Well, for starters he's been one of the hottest prsopects in the country for a long time (which annoys me that we let him go), proved he can score goals regularly in this league when he was on loan at Bolton (8 goals in 12 appearances) and 12 in 50 odd games for Chelsea despite being played wide (a waste in my opinion, though he's capable).

He's big, strong, fairly quick and very skillful and has an eye for goal. Also represented England at every level and the premium that goes with that (right or wrong). If you think he's not at least in the £10m bracket you're having a titter mate.

I disagree. We spent £4m on Harewood and there's not too much difference between him and Sturridge. :D

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most annoying thing about Sturridge is he's a product of our academy and we let him go while persisting with the likes of Fonz & Albrighton

A major bollock drop

Im wondering if all this slagging of the ITK is because secretly inside they want to be an ITK and feel all left out.

When and if it happens it happens. The ITK might all be correct but something happens last minute that is a deal changer.

People need t chill out instead of going on an ITK hunt.

Well, the "ITKs" told us yesterday that Brahimi was a done deal to be announced today, and today we get the reports that we're not even in for him and never have been.

We were told that Whittingham was a done deal too, but again we're now told we never even approached Cardiff for him.

Sometimes things change and business doesn't go through, I don't doubt that at all. OGS was a very good example of that. My guess is that he wasn't our fist choice and as it happened our first choice came in the end. We knew about that and told him that he wouldn't get the offer. But most of the times it's just pure bs. And as said, the 3 signings we've done so far have not been mentioned on that twitter or by any other so called "ITKs" before it was fairly long gone in the negotiations.

But tbf, I kind of enjoy those twitter things and "ITKs" as it gives us something to discuss while waiting for the real deals. The problem is when some take it as gospels and then get mad when it's not true and blame people who shouldn't be blamed for it.

We were told that Whittingham wanted to come to Villa - not that it was a done deal.

As regards Brahimi all the reports from FRance are saying thesame - we want loan to buy they want to sell for twice what we would be prepared to pay following loan. An impasse in the situation therefore there is nothing further tha tca nbe said by Villa or ITK's

I think a lot of ITK'S jump the gun - wanting to be the first - to say 'its done' - whyever they can't just give an opinion is beyond me.

For example I think we will sign snodgrass - not ITK - but lambert has been linked with him before - and we need a player in that position - the fee is likley to be what we can afford - and the player probably would want to come.........

Im wondering if all this slagging of the ITK is because secretly inside they want to be an ITK and feel all left out.

When and if it happens it happens. The ITK might all be correct but something happens last minute that is a deal changer.

People need t chill out instead of going on an ITK hunt.

Well, the "ITKs" told us yesterday that Brahimi was a done deal to be announced today, and today we get the reports that we're not even in for him and never have been.

We were told that Whittingham was a done deal too, but again we're now told we never even approached Cardiff for him.

Sometimes things change and business doesn't go through, I don't doubt that at all. OGS was a very good example of that. My guess is that he wasn't our fist choice and as it happened our first choice came in the end. We knew about that and told him that he wouldn't get the offer. But most of the times it's just pure bs. And as said, the 3 signings we've done so far have not been mentioned on that twitter or by any other so called "ITKs" before it was fairly long gone in the negotiations.

But tbf, I kind of enjoy those twitter things and "ITKs" as it gives us something to discuss while waiting for the real deals. The problem is when some take it as gospels and then get mad when it's not true and blame people who shouldn't be blamed for it.

Don't forget Nathaniel Clyne as well

They are full of shit

The Twitter ITKs annoy me a little but only because I just prefer VillaTalk the way it used to be.

You'd have a few pretenders getting shot down for making up stories about their cousin's boyfriend being Juninho's agent etc and the odd bit of media based speculation. But the rest was just banter and speculation between Villa Fans. These days Villatalk has turned into a bit of a Twitter comment page, and I do find it frustrating.

It would be bearable if it was confined to this one thread, but it's not.

We were told that Whittingham wanted to come to Villa - not that it was a done deal.

As regards Brahimi all the reports from FRance are saying thesame - we want loan to buy they want to sell for twice what we would be prepared to pay following loan. An impasse in the situation therefore there is nothing further tha tca nbe said by Villa or ITK's

IIRC Julie said it was pretty much nailed on and just a matter of time. Probably in the locked and deleted thread, unfortunately. But yes, his mates had said that he was approached and wanted to coime here.

And when it comes to Brahimi the only thing that someone has said has come from the club is that we're not in for him at all. Yes, that comes from twitter too, but from one of the very few that has actually been right and seems like he's being informed by the club. But still, of course it might turn out to happen in the end anyway. I doubt it, though.

I think ITKs on Twitter should be banned from this thread or at the least given there own thread so they can talk as much utter sh*t as they want.

It annoys me that we have a black list of online media resources deemed unreliable and yet anything said on Twitter is somehow deemed ok.

Something reported by a national press source and something reported by someone calling themself ITK on twitter shouldn't be on the same thread.

I think ITKs on Twitter should be banned from this thread or at the least given there own thread so they can talk as much utter sh*t as they want.

It annoys me that we have a black list of online media resources deemed unreliable and yet anything said on Twitter is somehow deemed ok.

Something reported by a national press source and something reported by someone calling themself ITK on twitter shouldn't be on the same thread.

They're both redeemed unreliable in the same way, meaning you can't start a speculation thread about one certain player based on twitter or articles from some certain papers, but both are allowed to use here. And why not?

So your saying a story reported on the Guardian is as credible as ITK Bernard on Twitter?

Anyone can post on Twitter without any fear of reprisal, revenue/comeback. If the Independent etc printed or put on their website every half ass rumour out there no one would read them.

How can you ban Twitter from a speculation thread? This would just turn into a confirmed bid thread, which people create for individual players anyway. If people don't like the fact that Twitter rumours can be discussed as part of specilation then don't come on here. They are as valid, or invalid, as articles in the Daily Mail and the Sun.

I just don't read into the Twitter rumours as definitely going to happen. Of the rumours so far including Clyne and Brahimi both would be nice but not bothered if they don't happen. Too much tension on here.

So your saying a story reported on the Guardian is as credible as ITK Bernard on Twitter?

Anyone can post on Twitter without any fear of reprisal, revenue/comeback. If the Independent etc printed or put on their website every half ass rumour out there no one would read them.

No, I just said that twitter is banned as a reliable source to start an own speculation thread, just like some papers like the Mirror and the Sun. Like it should be.

No, I just said that twitter is banned as a reliable source to start an own speculation thread, just like some papers like the Mirror and the Sun. Like it should be.

All papers.

People need to relax and have a bit of fun. Its the summer window, speculation and ITK stuff is all part of it. Something to get excited about for once. Not sure why people dont want to be excited or engage in good debate. I think the problem is people hear ITK info and secretly start hoping it will happen and when it doesnt they get all 'Please ban this from my thread, I have been hurt too many times already, the Peter Whittingham shaped wound is still healing'

People need to relax and have a bit of fun. Its the summer window, speculation and ITK stuff is all part of it. Something to get excited about for once. Not sure why people dont want to be excited or engage in good debate. I think the problem is people here ITK info and secretly start hoping it will happen and when it doesnt they get all 'Please ban this from my thread, I have been hurt too many times already, the Peter Whittingham shaped wound is still healing'

Well said. If you're getting butthurt about gossip it says more about you than any particular medium.

Yes, there are some right bullshitters about.

All part and parcel of the silly season.

I think this forum is riddled with people who could win 50% of the lottery jackpot and still complain because it was only half.

Jeez, get a life and take it for what it is SPECULATION!

I think this forum is riddled with people who could win 50% of the lottery jackpot and still complain because it was only half.

Those who hate Twitter ITKs have as much a right to say that as those who dont.

The Twitter thing is out of hand.

Those who hate Twitter ITKs have as much a right to say that as those who dont.

The Twitter thing is out of hand.

They do but to state that Twitter rumours should be banned from a rumour thread is also out of hand. Everyone knows that 99% of the shit on Twitter is just that. But it's still fun to debate.