General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this forum is riddled with people who could win 50% of the lottery jackpot and still complain because it was only half.

Jeez, get a life and take it for what it is SPECULATION!

Those who hate Twitter ITKs have as much a right to say that as those who dont.

The Twitter thing is out of hand.

They do but to state that Twitter rumours should be banned from a rumour thread is also out of hand. Everyone knows that 99% of the shit on Twitter is just that. But it's still fun to debate.

Maybe, but it wouldn't hurt to have it on a different thread either.

I think what gets me slightly is people don't treat ITKs as shite or a bit of fun speculation not be taken seriously. People very much take them seriously and when you have a thread that goes on as long as these do, it's hard to know where the speculation people are talking about (on page 50 came from), which in most cases is a Twitter ITK posted 30 pages previous!!!

I don't expect the mods to split either out, but hey i can wish can't I??? Or is that not allowed :)

Everytime you read a Twitter rumour just replace the word 'Twitter' with My Uncle's Cousin's dog etc. People will post crap be it on Twitter or on here. Since Twitter arrived I have seen less ITK Posters on the forums.

Personally, I enjoy reading them...and it is a rumours thread.

Everytime you read a Twitter rumour just replace the word 'Twitter' with My Uncle's Cousin's dog etc. People will post crap be it on Twitter or on here. Since Twitter arrived I have seen less ITK Posters on the forums.

Exactly!!!

This is just turning into a hate twitter thread.

Fine.

in that case 'My Uncle's Cousin's dog' says we have made moves to sign Barry Fuller from Gillingham.

I miss the ITKs on here, used to make VT fun. Twiiter is 99% bollocks but it is better than reading or watching Sky Sports News!

On Brahimi deal. The original story came from a french journalist from Rennes. Probably the equivalent of Mat Kendrick here. So although all this Brahimi will be a villa player monday bollocks was rubbish the actual story seems to have legs. It looks like there was a deal being discussed.

I think this forum is riddled with people who could win 50% of the lottery jackpot and still complain because it was only half.

They do but to state that Twitter rumours should be banned from a rumour thread is also out of hand. Everyone knows that 99% of the shit on Twitter is just that. But it's still fun to debate.

I think what gets me slightly is people don't treat ITKs as shite or a bit of fun speculation not be taken seriously. People very much take them seriously and when you have a thread that goes on as long as these do, it's hard to know where the speculation people are talking about (on page 50 came from), which in most cases is a Twitter ITK posted 30 pages previous!!!

I don't expect the mods to split either out, but hey i can wish can't I??? Or is that not allowed :)

No Sir you may not. This is Aston Villa Football Club. Wishing has been forbidden for the last 24 months. :)

No Sir you may not. This is Aston Villa Football Club. Wishing has been forbidden for the last 24 months. :)

good point :)

If you remove rumour, gossip and twitter shite from this thread which after all is it's Raison d'être, what's the point of it?

You can join in or opt out but demanding it not be available for others seems like fascism to me.

More of an ITK debate now than a speculation thread

Just to add my twoppence and for my part I will share as much information as I am able to as, when and if I come across it.

In terms of the details (ie names, prices, how much is the total budget etc etc) then to be brutally honest I would only expect about half a dozen people at the club to be aware of those sorts of things anyway until some definite news on players starts to break, I would not believe anyone claiming to be ITK to be aware of all of those things anyway to be honest BEFORE some initial discussions have taken place.

In terms if the more general stuff like timings etc, any due this week or next, the areas we are looking at then for me if I, or anyone else, becomes aware of that it is fine to share. The details , only at a time when the deal is almost done to be honest

If you remove rumour, gossip and twitter shite from this thread which after all is it's Raison d'être, what's the point of it?

You can join in or opt out but demanding it not be available for others seems like fascism to me.

i think you have trouble understanding what fascism means.

i've already stated that i can express an opinion but have no expectation that mods will bow down to my will and create a seperate twitter thread.

and as i also said in the spirit of joining in and not being such a bore.

Barry Fuller will join us from Gillingham FC, tomorrow. Source: ITKBernardAtWaitrose

Anyone think that luke chambers is worth a shot. He is a free agent after leaving notts forest. If i remember, he was being touted as a brilliant centre half a couple of years ago. would still sign ramis on top, but decent cover

i think you have trouble understanding what fascism means.

i've already stated that i can express an opinion but have no expectation that mods will bow down to my will and create a seperate twitter thread.

and as i also said in the spirit of joining in and not being such a bore.

Barry Fuller will join us from Gillingham FC, tomorrow. Source: ITKBernardAtWaitrose

I certainly do not have trouble understanding what Fascism means. And I wasn't directing any accusation at anybody in particular so get over yourself.